Turn on thread page Beta

7 reasons the world will end in 2012 watch

• View Poll Results: Will the world end in 2012?
    Yes
    14.70%
    No
    85.30%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukazi-TazZy)
    REAL REASON THE WORLD WILL END....
    http://www.endofworld.net/
    Now THAT is funny!

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose number 2 lol. Sounds the most impressive :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's likely that if the world does "end" (what you really mean is that it will change in a bad way for us) then it'll be because of a natural disaster (meteorite, huge volcano etc) but as you can't generally predict those kind of things accurately 4 years in advance I don't think it's any more likely that the world will end in 2012 than in 2013 or any other year.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, as if the world's gonna end in 2012. Maybe as a result of a complete paradow in which Britain comes top of the table in the olympics/wins the Euro, but that's not gonna happen. If it does end in 2012 then it'll be the result of some natural disaster that we can't predict. Anyone who believes those theories is an idiot quite frankly =).

ReputationRep:
    What kind of idiot geologist predicts '2012' for a supervolcano eruption?

A 'geological prediction' should be 'between 10,000 to 1 million years' :p:

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

2012? That means I don't have to pay back my student loan!

ReputationRep:
    Maya Calender: well no calenders go on forever, the Chinese calander actually said the world should end 1000 years ago......

Sun Storm: There will be increased sun storm activity but the largest damage it may do is disrupting satellite signals and you may not be able to watch the Premiership on teli.....that is the end of the world for some people, I know.

Particle Smasher: There is just not enough energy to create a particle that is big enough to destroy the earth.

Bible says: I believe the Bible says we dont know when the end of the world is, therefore should be vigilent all the time. It is not wise to take the word of the Bible literally. In fact, there is thousands of different interpretations, some pointing out that the end of the world should have come 100 years ago and is still overdue.

Yellowstone super volcano: Well, I wont be suprised if it erupted tomorrow, I also wont be suprised if it dont erupt in my lifetime. By the way, even if it did, it will result a drastic population decline, but that certainly wont be the end of humanity.

Physicist: You can calculate when we are going to die by maths....? Well I'd like them to do one for me

Magnetic Field: To be honest I've only seen such scenario in two fictions, one in the anime "GaoGaiGar" where a massive alien invaded earth and caused the magnetic field to disappear, the secound is the film "The Core" where the core of the earth refused to spin......

ReputationRep:
    i think the end of the world would be fun cos u can just go absolutly mental!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's not gonna happen. The sun's in the middle of its life, not the end. Sun storms meh, it's actually making the Earth cooler. Super volcano? you can't boil that down to just one year as someone else said and they won't know if it will be the biggest yet or even super for that matter, there's just a chance. Only a chance. You can't put a year on the poles changing either, it can happen in the next god knows how many years or tomorrow who knows. As for the other *******s, a load of hocuspokus crap.

ReputationRep:
    Gee thanks for that. i am looking forward to the future now

ReputationRep:
    You can go absolutely mental even without the world ending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    that particle accelerator is actually being turned on in august sooooooo....... watch out !!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider
    Isnt that like a uber immense version of the cool gadget CERN made in Angels and Demons?

(Original post by tucker672)
    Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that 4 years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar

The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:
    Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
    Sacrificing Virgins.

Oh for god's sake, anyone can sacrifice a virgin. These days it's just harder to find them.

(Original post by Riolent Vapist)
    I stopped reading here.
    OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rei)
    OK.
    Yup. OK.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thread.

(Original post by Riolent Vapist)
    Yup. OK.
    Not that I follow the bible or anything, just the way you said it.

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap, what am I going to do now...?

I just wasted my time reading about some crazy guys doosmday predictions.

ReputationRep:
    Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out.
    Aww come on, give them a break. They were using an abacus...

The I Ching...
    Is that an Apple product, by any chance? :p:

All these things that are predicted are predicted simply because we're "long overdue" or "they could happen".
    It's like waiting for a bus - just because it's twenty minutes lates, doesn't mean it's going to come at all. Chances are, the lazy bugger's parked up drinkng coffee and reading the paper...

ReputationRep:
    Waittttt, do the peeps who made this believe all 7 of those things are going to happen at once? :wtf?:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.