Turn on thread page Beta

7 reasons the world will end in 2012 watch

• View Poll Results: Will the world end in 2012?
    Yes
    14.70%
    No
    85.30%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Waittttt, do the peeps who made this believe all 7 of those things are going to happen at once? :wtf?:
    Sacrifice a virgin atop an erupting volcano as a black hole approaches earth and God comes down in a pillar of fire in Yellowstone and amidst all this, the great Pierre Fermat suddenly decides that prime numbers don't exist any more and brings natural laws crashing down and for wholly unrelated reasons everyone's compasses suddenly refuse to point north?

Now that sounds like a James Bond climax that'd be worth watching.

"The name's Bond... James Bon--- LEAVE THAT VIRGIN ALONE, BLOFELD."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmska)
    I love you

OP= creationist?!
    I love you too bby

(Original post by tommm)
    :yeah:

Wasn't the world supposed to end about every two years for the past two millenia? It hasn't happened yet and if it did happen in 2012 no-one's going to give a toss becuase we'll all be dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that 4 years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar

The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:

Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
    Sacrificing Virgins.

Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.
    Give or take a few seconds

ReputationRep:
    Cool. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:
    well, if the world does end, we wont exactly know it will we!! so theres no point worrying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayscout)
    "Scientific experts"
    Read: the mentally ill.
    :rofl:

I agree! It will end!

ReputationRep:
    Humans will destroy the world by trying to uncover the secrets of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw the trailer for the 2012 film - scared! sad i know.......

ReputationRep:
    http://www.december212012.com/sponsor5.htm

I'm stocking up. I advise you do the same. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    This is such an absolute load of crap, OP. Every single point is flawed. Yellowstone supervolcano for example. "...and geologists have set 2012 as a likely date for the big bang." Er what? If geologists could predict volcanic eruptions that far in advance we would never have any loss of life. Besides if they knew Yellowstone was going to erupt in 3 years then there would be a lot of activity and search for a remedy, because when it goes up, the US is buggered. No-one knows when Yellowstone will erupt, if it even will again - it might be tomorrow or it might be in thousands of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    http://www.december212012.com/sponsor5.htm

I'm stocking up. I advise you do the same. :daydreaming:
    Run! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if we do as a country have a contingency plan for the end of the world...like in Deep Impact with the caves...though I guess if we are being sucked into a black hole hiding in some caves wouldn't really help... maybe just shield us from actually which of the 7 is coming for us...
    I wonder if they do have a plan to continue the human race though? Could a select few in theory be put in a spaceship or something to go and find some planet to inhabit? I know it sounds wierd, bt they must have some form of plan?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emhoughton)
    they
    You don't even know who 'they' are.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

ReputationRep:
    Why can't we just wait and see? We're all going to die eventually anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    Why can't we just wait and see? We're all going to die eventually anyway...
    I'm not

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: I agree. Best not to think about it. :afraid: :thumbsdown: :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo)
    I'm not
    Tell me your secret. :shh:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.