Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If I want to do dermatology, how does it work if I do MRCPCH and if I did ST1/2 paediatrics?
Spencer Wells
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Paediatricians who complete level 1 training are eligible to apply for dermatology ST3, but you must have at least 12 months of post-foundation training in adult general medicine.

More information is available here
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)
Paediatricians who complete level 1 training are eligible to apply for dermatology ST3, but you must have at least 12 months of post-foundation training in adult general medicine.

im considering doing ST1 then going into dermatology... would it be advisable to just do CMT1/CMT2 and MRCP instead to avoid any issues having done paediatric route.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)

Derm without MRCP - that is super interesting.

Still have the LP and pleural tap requirements somehow though :laugh:
Spencer Wells
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by nexttime)
Derm without MRCP - that is super interesting.

Still have the LP and pleural tap requirements somehow though :laugh:
AFAIK the majority of paediatric dermatologists that I work with (mainly when anaesthetising EB patients) have MRCP and completed medicine/dermatology training, but paediatric dermatology is a recognised subspecialty of paediatrics (also possible via a post-CCT dermatology fellowship)

(Original post by Anonymous)
im considering doing ST1 then going into dermatology... would it be advisable to just do CMT1/CMT2 and MRCP instead to avoid any issues having done paediatric route.
That's entirely up to you - it depends on your motivation for doing paeds first and whether you want to be a paediatric dermatologist or an adult one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads