bellah_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have no clue how to revise for english lit, have been putting it off all holiday! I am doing inspector calls, pride and prejudice and Macbeth, any recommended methods???
perplexed turtle
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
inspector calls, i annotated the book, and then make a quote bank for each character for each separate themes
kiddo12349
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bellah_)
I have no clue how to revise for english lit, have been putting it off all holiday! I am doing inspector calls, pride and prejudice and Macbeth, any recommended methods???
Start by reading your texts again to try and find new interpretations; once you've completed the book, you'll look at every dialogue/description completely differently! Also, highlight important quotations and put them into "Quote Banks" (basically a table with the following vertical columns: Theme, Quotation, Device Used, Analysis). Once you think you know your texts well enough, practice writing complete answers.
Hope this helps All the best!
bellah_
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by kiddo12349)
Start by reading your texts again to try and find new interpretations; once you've completed the book, you'll look at every dialogue/description completely differently! Also, highlight important quotations and put them into "Quote Banks" (basically a table with the following vertical columns: Theme, Quotation, Device Used, Analysis). Once you think you know your texts well enough, practice writing complete answers.
Hope this helps All the best!
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.09%
October 2021 (189)
46.21%
November 2021 (42)
10.27%
December 2021 (53)
12.96%
January 2021 (45)
11%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.29%