NCS or a summer job?

Watch
Lucy98654
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would it be bettwer for me to get a summer job in the summer of year 11 or do NCS - Ncs sounds fun but my concerns are that it is 4 WEEKS and that is a long time and also some people say its bad. What do you guys think?
davesantana
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol summer job. Get that bag

NCS is overrated and ****
Oluwadamilooolaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucy98654)
Would it be bettwer for me to get a summer job in the summer of year 11 or do NCS - Ncs sounds fun but my concerns are that it is 4 WEEKS and that is a long time and also some people say its bad. What do you guys think?
JOB 100%
DO NOT DO NCS. It’s a genuine waste of time and I really regret going.
It’s overrated asf and anyone would much rather be earning that moneyyy and staying at home in your own comfort.
adviceisallineed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do job please!!!! I regret going to NCS, worst decision I made.
Oluwadamilooolaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adviceisallineed)
Do job please!!!! I regret going to NCS, worst decision I made.
EXACTLY!! No one notified me of how **** it would be
gbemicherish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on your preference, tbh. I did ncs and really enjoyed it and made friends etc, but the other replies in the thread seem to hate it - I think it depends on your location. Maybe if you have any older friends who have done it in your area, see how it was, and if it was rubbish then go for the job
Deepankumar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i enjoyed ncs but it was a massive waste of time - i don't think its valuable cos there are so many teenagers who do it - there's no skill involved at all
Lucy98654
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar)
Oh no! Why was it so bad?
Lucy98654
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deepankumar)
i enjoyed ncs but it was a massive waste of time - i don't think its valuable cos there are so many teenagers who do it - there's no skill involved at all
Is it 3 or 4 weeks?
sophiathesecond
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm also in year 11, and I'm doing NCS in the summer, because although some people have given it bad reviews, loads of my older friends have done it and loved it, so it depends on the person really, you could always get a job in the Christmas/October holidays, this year anyway, or after NCS you could get a job because we do have a really long summer. Hope this helps
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I personally enjoyed NCS too. I became the leader for a project we were doing to raise money for SportsAble (a disability organisation). In the end, we raised over £150.
NoahMal
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did NCS and it was it was good, not sure every place might differ but I thought it was a good way to spend a summer. I went with 4 prior friends which could have been why mine was good.
adviceisallineed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you do choose to do it, just make sure you choose the group of friends you go with wisely
adviceisallineed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar)
How come you didn’t like it? Talking about me, I chose the wrong group of friends to go with and it triggered my anxiety back.
Oluwadamilooolaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh no! Why was it so bad?
Our location was horrible.
The rooms were disgusting.
Everyone treated it as a place to find boyfriends and girlfriends.
And there was no WiFi. (That isn’t a major point but we were promised WiFi and we didn’t get it).
We were promised many activities but we literally did like 2 engaging activities.
Overall, everything that was promised was just pure lies and it’s 4 weeks I wish I had back. And it was just a horrible experience.
However, I do know that some people enjoy it a lot, so it just depends on you and your location
Last edited by Oluwadamilooolaa; 1 year ago
Oluwadamilooolaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adviceisallineed)
How come you didn’t like it? Talking about me, I chose the wrong group of friends to go with and it triggered my anxiety back.
^^^ I mentioned my reasons above ☺️
Deepankumar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it 3 or 4 weeks?
4 weeks
2weeks are residential while the other two are at a local centre
coffeerush24
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
SUMMMMERRR JOB
personally NCS was awful and had no benefits to it. I went for one week and quit because itvwas horrendous and I wish I had gotten then experience from job instead as job experience will help your CV more than NCS.
l2bunny
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
man said ncs:ahee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (46)
18.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (71)
28.29%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (94)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (31)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.59%

Watched Threads