hustlr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
im studying a level economics right now ( AQA). what types of articles (like politcal, historical, sociology) would be useful for my extra knowledge? And how would i incorporate these articles in my answers?

I printed off some articles about mao's china (economy), the great depression, the financial crisis, the oil crisis and hyperinflation in the wiemar republic.
Any more suggestions/ what other articles would help?
skittish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I've heard that historical articles are useful e.g. wall street crash analysis, but I don't do economics so I'm not sure
Lucy98654
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hustlr)
im studying a level economics right now ( AQA). what types of articles (like politcal, historical, sociology) would be useful for my extra knowledge? And how would i incorporate these articles in my answers?

I printed off some articles about mao's china (economy), the great depression, the financial crisis, the oil crisis and hyperinflation in the wiemar republic.
Would you recommend alevel economics?
hustlr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Lucy98654)
Would you recommend alevel economics?
its not as interesting as i thought. i wouldve pciked history mainly or sociology, politics, or philosophy, too late for me though.
ilishaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

Getting general wider reading as well as historic examples is useful and picking from a few different countries specifically. So pick a developed country (G7), growing economy (India) and then a developing country such as Nigeria, then find out some useful facts about them that you could maybe use such as inflation rates etc. This helps with any type of comparisons you want to make based on the case studies given. I used Econominds to help me through my A levels, the lessons provided lots of this material, we went through it and learnt the key skills for data response questions and how to use contextual knowledge in essays. Would definitely recommend!
ilishaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
its not as interesting as i thought. i wouldve pciked history mainly or sociology, politics, or philosophy, too late for me though.
I would recommend it if you are a good writer and good at interpreting data. Economics opens a lot of doors in the future too. At university it is a lot more math based opposed to the A level which is just basic percentage changes mainly.
Cheesybread
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
From my experience knowing UK interest rates, unemployment, inflation rates is more important than articles as well as recent trends, as you will most likely need to make reference to them as well as the targets for them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (668)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (846)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.57%

Watched Threads