The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jamesie
anyone like religion in this world?

I like spiritualism
Nope. The world would be a much better place without it, in my opinion.
jamesie

Some people enjoy making love to goats.
Reply 4
englishstudent
Some people enjoy making love to goats.

:confused:

indeed they do
Reply 5
i don't believe in religion or god. and yes, the world would be a lot better without it.
Reply 6
Religion is not necessarily a bad thing. It only becomes bad when people try to press their beliefs on others, or use religion as an excuse for inexcusable actions.

In fact, if religion can help a person to feel good about him/her self and encourage him/her to lead a better life, then it is very good.
Reply 7
religion is important to me anywayz
Reply 8
Check yourselves anti-religion kids!! The world wouldn't be better without religion. The modern world would, though. History needed it's religion... without religion civilisation wouldn't exist.

That said, in my opinion it's served it's purpose now. We don't need gods. Time for Religion to enter the history books, I think.
Reply 9
without religion civilisation wouldn't exist? how do you explain that?

religion hindered lots of things. the church banned any scholars from doing experiments in england after the fall of rome, they silenced galileo when he proves he was right, they said anesthetics were wrong (but have since changed their minds typically), etc.
Reply 10
Most major wars have sprung from religion, and as we all know wars are the main catalyst for technological advancement. This world would be so much more primitive still if it weren't for religion.
It is however mainly just a thing devised to control the masses, usually by scaring them. I do still, believe in the fundamentals of christianity, I don't believe in all this 'youll go to hell if you don't lead a perfect life.' :smile::smile::smile::smile:. Nobody leads a perfect life.
Reply 11
its a verry powerful thing when not handled carefully. it can be good...it can be very very bad..
Reply 12
mik1a
without religion civilisation wouldn't exist? how do you explain that?

Because before the huge scientific surge of the last few centuaries - religion was needed to explain EVERYTHING. Tribes, communities, kingdoms and entire empires were founded on it. Fundamentalism was one of the earliest forms of government.
400 wars aday in the world are caused by religion...

religion gives people the sense of belief, if it wasnt religion it would be some thing else..

It gives people hope, love, courage and a lot more..

it does however cause grief, war as i mentioned..

I believe in this saying:

1000s of rivers all lead to the same sea;

basically there are 100000s of beliefs in the world, but they all lead into the same belief of a god or thing they believe in..

_Cr
Reply 14
yeah, i like religion coz without it there would be no Xmas and presents and Easter and choc eggs! :tongue: :biggrin:
soz, but apart from that i'm not too bothered about it :redface:
Reply 15
Crunchie

basically there are 100000s of beliefs in the world, but they all lead into the same belief of a god or thing they believe in..

_Cr

but all i their own way... :smile:
i think thats the main bit...thats where the disagreements and the wars start, because one doesnt agree with the other..
Reply 16
jamesie

well to me....... religion sets me targets, it gives me goals to reach and most importantly it gives a path to walk on........so without religion i'm lost basically :smile:
neha p
but all i their own way... :smile:
i think thats the main bit...thats where the disagreements and the wars start, because one doesnt agree with the other..

i agree...

I dont hold gruges against any religion..

i know alot of people who are dependent on religion, and go to church as there service to god...

Religion is a massive topic, almost to big to talk about..

i respect every religion, most religions which we think "OMG", if you look at the general norms and values of that society, they are based on the religion.

EG/ Are laws are still based aroung the 10 commandments.

_Cr
Reply 18
I dont mind religion...though i dont believe in it.

And i dont like the religious people who try to convert you, or make you see their "light"
Reply 19
no..

Latest

Trending

Trending