Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago

Welcome A-level OCR Biology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat! Image

The exam timetable is:

Thursday 4th June 2020: Paper 1 (H420/1)

Thursday 11th June 2020: Paper 2 (H420/2)

May 15th June 2020: Paper 3 (H420/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below! Image

How to prepare for the exams (general tips)

1. Create revision resources, whatever they may be it needs to be what works for you. If writing out notes over and over doesn't work for you, please don't waste your time!

2. Use the revision guide to make your notes, the copy from the exam board is your best bet - rather than using copies from other sources.

3. Create a revision timetable if this works for you.

4. Re-read your notes, repetition is the best method of drilling notes into your brain.

5. As it gets closer to the exams complete past papers. The more the better in the end!

This thread is for anyone that is studying A-level Biology (OCR) Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and find resources. Good luck everyone Image
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group

Specification: OCR A-level Biology Specification

Recommended resources:

Recommended TSR resources:
Find all the TSR Uni group chats threads here
Find the Biological, Biochemical, Biomedical and Life Science applicants 2020 thread here
Useful posts:
paulkisho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Where is everyone at with finishing content?:sparta:
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by paulkisho)
We just have inheritance and hormonal communication left. Although we are in the middle of homeostasis right now.
sadz1234567
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
We have module 5 to finish but we are already finished the first chapter of module 5
HxshBrxwn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Evil Homer
I think you have mixed up the A Level AQA biology and OCR biology threads
xozxexo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Teachers said we should be done by mid feburary or before feb half term,
Have plant responses and hormones, manipulating genomes, cloning, ecosystems, and populations and sustainability left-
We have two 3 hour classes a week which is a killer but we do end up covering so much so it shouldnt take too long as the later topics are quite short and simple (thats what my teachers said anyway)
mxdeenah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
We're so behind, I think we'll just barely finish by exam time!
anon.student_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone had mocks recently? How did you do? Don’t get my results back til February but my teachers basically told us that the whole class failed :/
jiminie95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mxdeenah)
We're so behind, I think we'll just barely finish by exam time!
Same we’ve done all of m6 and 5.1 and 5.7 but have M5.2-5.6 left to do
My teacher taught m5.1 in a lesson 😂
jiminie95
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by anon.student_)
Has anyone had mocks recently? How did you do? Don’t get my results back til February but my teachers basically told us that the whole class failed :/
I’m doing them this week, they r giving us the 2019 papers 🙃🙃🙃 I did chemistry today and feel like I failed. Got bio and maths tomorrow 😭
jiminie95
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by xozxexo)
Teachers said we should be done by mid feburary or before feb half term,
Have plant responses and hormones, manipulating genomes, cloning, ecosystems, and populations and sustainability left-
We have two 3 hour classes a week which is a killer but we do end up covering so much so it shouldnt take too long as the later topics are quite short and simple (thats what my teachers said anyway)
Woah I have triple biology on Tuesday but get 2 breaks In between i don’t think I could handle all that content twice a week 🤔
Sh_A
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Only the last sections with gene stuff left to do but I feel so fragmented about the content we’ve covered haha.
Neuromegha
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello,
So I’ve been struggling with revision for a while.
How does everyone really revise? I just make some notes from the textbook and then occasionaly do some past papers, but that’s not very helpful at all. Please can someone explain a step by step method on how to revise all the content, thank you xx
anon.student_
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Neuromegha)
Hello,
So I’ve been struggling with revision for a while.
How does everyone really revise? I just make some notes from the textbook and then occasionaly do some past papers, but that’s not very helpful at all. Please can someone explain a step by step method on how to revise all the content, thank you xx
I used to make notes from textbooks but ended up just wasting time writing when it didn’t really stick in my head. Repetition is the best thing for me so now I try to read a page from the textbook a couple of times, then see how much I remember without looking at the textbook. I tend to read over the same bit over and over again and then either mind map or discuss with my friends until it sticks, and I’ll try this again in about a week to see how much I remember then, though this method takes a lot of time on just one topic :/ xx
y88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hi I can post very big booklets with mark schemes + examiner reports as well as zigzag a level maths papers in exchange for zigzag aqa a level biology papers
Neuromegha
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by y88)
hi I can post very big booklets with mark schemes + examiner reports as well as zigzag a level maths papers in exchange for zigzag aqa a level biology papers
That would be very helpful!! especially the big booklet with mark schemes and examiner reports xx
yolemy54321
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yeh in exchange for zigzag aqa a level biology papers then ill post
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
(Original post by HxshBrxwn)
Evil Homer
I think you have mixed up the A Level AQA biology and OCR biology threads
Thank you for letting me know! Should all be fixed now
manu08manu
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
We are ages away from finishing. The estimate is Easter 2020
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.61%
I'm not sure (54)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (345)
29.31%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.97%
I'm not a current university student (571)
48.51%

Watched Threads