A-level AQA Psychology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat Watch

Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 50 years ago

Welcome A-level AQA Psychology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable is:

Monday 18th May 2020: Paper 1 (7182/1)

Friday 5th June 2020: Paper 2 (7182/2)

Friday 12th June 2020: Paper 3 (7182/3)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below!

How to prepare for the exams (general tips)

1. Create revision resources, whatever they may be it needs to be what works for you. If writing out notes over and over doesn't work for you, please don't waste your time!

2. Use the revision guide to make your notes, the copy from the exam board is your best bet - rather than using copies from other sources.

3. Create a revision timetable if this works for you.

4. Re-read your notes, repetition is the best method of drilling notes into your brain.

5. As it gets closer to the exams complete past papers. The more the better in the end!

This thread is for anyone that is studying A-level Psychology (AQA) Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and find resources. Good luck everyone
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group

Specification: AQA A-level Psychology Specification

Recommended resources:
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...plans-11925039
https://alevelsresources424893.wordp...and-year-2-a2/

Recommended TSR resources:

A-level Psychology exams and revision: AQA explains what you need to do

Useful posts:
Last edited by entertainmyfaith; 1 month ago
gingerninja231
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
has anyone done their psychology mock ?? if so how did you find it ?!
sailormars
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by and.i.ooop)
yooo let me know what comes in yh? I have mine on Wednesday xx
Mine is on friday
phantomdiarrhea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
These essay plans really helped me: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...plans-11925039

And these free exampro questions: https://alevelsresources424893.wordp...and-year-2-a2/
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my mocks are after half term and I'm already feeling the stress. Looking forward to the summer already
sailormars
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by apspirei)
I've got my mock on Monday... need to know the 2019 questions lmao
How was it?
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MarcosTheories)
I can create a Psychology group with all of us? Since it seems the other one is full/admin not responding. PM me with your number if you want to do this
Please don't share your personal numbers on here. This group is for everything that you need to chat about the up and coming exam
xozxexo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gingerninja231)
I did the paper 3 mock just before Christmas, got a B (4 marks off an A).
Pretty decent considering my circumstances (dad was admitted into hospital the week before the exam and only got out a day or two before and was seeing him twice every day after sixthform and in the evenings so I only had a week and a bit to compeletely revise)
x.pxige_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I have done my mock for psychology and it was the 2019 paper 1. A lot of us thought it was harder than ones we had done previously. We will just have to wait on the results
yoooobro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by x.pxige_)
Yes I have done my mock for psychology and it was the 2019 paper 1. A lot of us thought it was harder than ones we had done previously. We will just have to wait on the results
Yeahhhh man some of the question were pretty hard but like nothin that u couldn’t come up w an answer for but like prob failed saying that 😂
yoooobro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by x.pxige_)
Hahaha research methods is my favourite!! I used to hate it because I’m not good at the maths side but I’ve had to practice it so much it’s now what I’m best at😂
whaaay that’s crazy😂 even stats tests😱😱x
Anonymous.23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve got mine on Monday 😬
d_bains16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did mine before Christmas been getting B's since my first ever exam in year 12 and I got a D this time. Really gutted but its a wake-up call I guess. We had the 2019 paper for our mock. Have our next mocks in march so hopefully, I get back on track.
AmberDalia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel like I get psychology because it's interesting but then tend to slack off. Then when the exam comes round I have to remember 100 evaluation points and 50 researcher names. & I always lose marks by not linking back ugh
tacobeth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AmberDalia)
I feel like I get psychology because it's interesting but then tend to slack off. Then when the exam comes round I have to remember 100 evaluation points and 50 researcher names. & I always lose marks by not linking back ugh
didn’t realise that was how much ao3 there was 💀
Anonymous.23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tacobeth)
didn’t realise that was how much ao3 there was 💀
There is a lot of evaluation but for a lot of studies you can use the same points so for example if it’s a lab study then it’s well controlled and the researcher can make sure there are no confounding variables but it lacks realism because it’s artificial which decreases the external validity as you can’t generalise it to real life situations
matthew_dowd9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly my main concern is remembering all the studies.
There's so many studies that are classed as AO1 as it is, and then going into AO3 with outcome studies / research support studies, along with all the statistics and percentages for attachment, memory and SI... it's blowing my mind away haha.
Anonymous.23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What topics is everyone doing for paper 3? I’m doing forensics, schizophrenia, gender and issues & debates
Schnuckiboo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous.23)
What topics is everyone doing for paper 3? I’m doing forensics, schizophrenia, gender and issues & debates
I'm doing relationships, stress, forensics and aggression
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?