The Student Room Group

A-level AQA Psychology Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d_bains16
did mine before Christmas been getting B's since my first ever exam in year 12 and I got a D this time. Really gutted but its a wake-up call I guess. We had the 2019 paper for our mock. Have our next mocks in march so hopefully, I get back on track.

Aww try not to stress too much about it, you'll absolutely get there! I've been getting A*s, A's and B's and I also got a D in my Christmas mock, it's a bit gutting but the main thing is the result in the real thing and as long as you give it your all, it'll be alright :smile:
Original post by Anonymous.23
What topics is everyone doing for paper 3? I’m doing forensics, schizophrenia, gender and issues & debates

gender, stress & aggression
for anyone doing schizophrenia , gender and aggression - becuase i am resitting ( got a B and put it through appeal but still getting processed and teachers said its a strong A possibly an A*, but i have to be prepared to resit anyways lol ) but if anyone is willing to be like a study buddy sorta thing where i can pretty much teach you the whole course etc , give you tips on what my teacher did and my experience of the 2019 exam dont mind doing that !
Original post by shum1614
for anyone doing schizophrenia , gender and aggression - becuase i am resitting ( got a B and put it through appeal but still getting processed and teachers said its a strong A possibly an A*, but i have to be prepared to resit anyways lol ) but if anyone is willing to be like a study buddy sorta thing where i can pretty much teach you the whole course etc , give you tips on what my teacher did and my experience of the 2019 exam dont mind doing that !

Yes please if u don’t mind - I’m doing schizophrenia and gender
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by matthew_dowd9
Honestly my main concern is remembering all the studies.
There's so many studies that are classed as AO1 as it is, and then going into AO3 with outcome studies / research support studies, along with all the statistics and percentages for attachment, memory and SI... it's blowing my mind away haha.

Whenever I can’t remember the research I always use issues and debates to evaluate it (i.e. free will v determinism, holism vs reductionism, nature v nurture, idiographic v nomothetic etc).

For example you could say:
Multi Store model of memory is reductionist
Biological approach to explaining OCD is heavily nature
Psychodynamic approach used idiographic case studies
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 25
What topics is everyone doing for paper 3? I’m doing forensics, schizophrenia, gender and issues & debates

!!
Original post by Fxzxvo
!!

Schizophrenia, Gender, Aggression, issues & Debates
Original post by random user 24
Schizophrenia, Gender, Aggression, issues & Debates

OMG SAME - pm me I have a question
Reply 28
got my mock coming up cba
Original post by Fxzxvo
got my mock coming up cba

Had mine last week, pretty sure I’ve failed haha

Me please! I’m doing schizophrenia and aggression! :smile:
Had mine last week, pretty sure I’ve failed haha

Did you have the 2019 paper?
Original post by alexandria51201
Me please! I’m doing schizophrenia and aggression! :smile:

Pm me

Hello,
I am doing Schizophrenia too! it would be really helpful if you could provide me with some tips on how you revise psychology and learn all this content! xx
Original post by Neuromegha
Hello,
I am doing Schizophrenia too! it would be really helpful if you could provide me with some tips on how you revise psychology and learn all this content! xx

Pm me
Original post by alexandria51201
Did you have the 2019 paper?

No our teacher put together her own paper :frown:
Hi guys, hope all is well!

I just wanted to message and let you know about the thread I created called "AQA A-Level Psychology Revision" (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6351728).

Be sure to check it out - you can ask me any questions you have about A-Level Psychology or if you need any advice on a particular topic. :smile:

issues, addiction, schizophrenia, gender
Original post by x.pxige_
Yes I have done my mock for psychology and it was the 2019 paper 1. A lot of us thought it was harder than ones we had done previously. We will just have to wait on the results :smile:

hey, I have my mock on Tuesday, just wondering if there were a lot of 16 markers in it that I need to particularly practice on...the stress is getting to me😥😬

That would be amazing!! Im doing all of those xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending