The Student Room Group

Friend advice

Hi I have a friend who is going to a concert to people I don’t really like but she brought a second ticket assuming I could come which I don’t think I can as I have to babysit. However we would be getting the train there but here’s my real problem I can’t afford to go on the train as o don’t have enough money and she would want to go to a restaurant which also I can’t afford.

Now I know all this will be fine if I don’t go but, my next problem is her birthday is coming up and I’ve made a new goodie bag for her with just some small bits in it but she wants to go out with my group which I can’t afford as I spent all my money on hers and my mums birthday and she won’t trust me to pay her back so I can’t go but I don’t have the heart to tell her as she may get really mad and get upset with me as I’m supposed to be her best friend.

Any advice please help
If she’s really your best friend, she should understand that you can’t afford to go. I’m really sorry that you’re in this situation :/
Original post by Anonymous
If she’s really your best friend, she should understand that you can’t afford to go. I’m really sorry that you’re in this situation :/

Agree if shes a true friend then she wont hold it against you
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by GOLDIE99
Agree if shes a true friend then she wont hold it against you

Yeah I get that I’m just scared
Original post by LucyOr15
Hi I have a friend who is going to a concert to people I don’t really like but she brought a second ticket assuming I could come which I don’t think I can as I have to babysit. However we would be getting the train there but here’s my real problem I can’t afford to go on the train as o don’t have enough money and she would want to go to a restaurant which also I can’t afford.

Now I know all this will be fine if I don’t go but, my next problem is her birthday is coming up and I’ve made a new goodie bag for her with just some small bits in it but she wants to go out with my group which I can’t afford as I spent all my money on hers and my mums birthday and she won’t trust me to pay her back so I can’t go but I don’t have the heart to tell her as she may get really mad and get upset with me as I’m supposed to be her best friend.

Any advice please help

You need to be honest with her. Talk to her face to face and just explain calmly, without feeling bad that you just cannot afford it. Apologise and explain everything you need to. She may be a little upset, but she knows deep down its not your fault, She just wants to spend her birthday with her friend. Your money issues can't be helped and unfortunately that's something she will need to accept. You cannot help it and you are doing the best you can. Just stay civil and avoid conflict whenever possible.

I hope this is helpful, and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending