The Student Room Group

A-level Edexcel Economics Paper 1,2 and 3 Revision and Study Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tahan
How did all of your mocks go? What was the highest grade in your class for economics?

A* micro and an A macro - joint highest
hbu?
paper 2 is on my 18th birthday : ( bad luck
Original post by RD02
A* micro and an A macro - joint highest
hbu?

Nice bro! Got an A overall in the mock.
Does anyone wanna swap mock papers for alevel economics? for more practice in the future:smile: Economics A btw
Original post by roadtollb
Does anyone wanna swap mock papers for alevel economics? for more practice in the future:smile: Economics A btw

I think ours was just last year’s paper
Reply 25
Original post by royalty1702
I think ours was just last year’s paper

what was the section B on that one? Poverty? Or was that 2018 I can’t remember ...
Original post by Hahmed999
Does anyone here want to do economics at university?

Yes
Original post by royalty1702
Would appreciate advice on:

Best way to deal with time pressure.

Also how to prepare for 25 markers? Essay plans on points in the spec?

Economics A btw.

In terms of time management, I find that I lose the most time on the 5-15 markers. As such, I try to blitz through the short answer questions at the start of the paper, as i know I can get consistently high marks on those, and then I can have an extra 5-10 minutes on the middle section
To those who got a and a stars, how do you revise and when have you started revising
Can brexit come up as a 25 marker ?
Reply 30
Original post by RD02
Time pressure : I do section A last as it is easier to rush through. In extreme cases skip 5 marker.
25 marker: 1 paragraph intro , 3 para main argument ( 2 para for and 1 against or other way round) 1-2 para conclusion with recommendations.
hope this helped

Does that mean you do Section B first? Because thats always the one that takes up most of my time
Reply 31
Original post by miamaz
Does that mean you do Section B first? Because thats always the one that takes up most of my time

It's all about personal preference but i do section C first as i am really good at them,
then section B- I spend like 1hour 15mins
then blitz section A-15 mins
Hi, just wanted to say i'm selling 2 pdf books containing full analysis and evaluation of all Macro and Microeconomics content from the entire course. Which will aid you to consistently score you top marks. These books are strongly recommended by EconplusDal Gold dust for your study of Economics; AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC, CIE, Educas , IB and AP.

They are in fact the EconplusDal Anaylsis and Evaluation packs which RRP for 89 pounds.
Private message if interested
Why are you selling them, what did you get with them grades? were they helpful?

Original post by ZhenYu Dai
Hi, just wanted to say i'm selling 2 pdf books containing full analysis and evaluation of all Macro and Microeconomics content from the entire course. Which will aid you to consistently score you top marks. These books are strongly recommended by EconplusDal Gold dust for your study of Economics; AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC, CIE, Educas , IB and AP.

They are in fact the EconplusDal Anaylsis and Evaluation packs which RRP for 89 pounds.
Bro
Original post by ZhenYu Dai

How much
Original post by susysusy123
To those who got a and a stars, how do you revise and when have you started revising

^^^ pleaseeeee
Which spec point are y’all on? Feels like theme4 goes on and on...
Original post by roadtollb
Which spec point are y’all on? Feels like theme4 goes on and on...

Theme 3 with micro teacher
Them 4 with macro teacher
Original post by asjad_naqvi
Bro

How much

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Which chapter specifically lol^

Quick Reply

Latest