Whatsapp

Watch this thread
Tom 2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I have been added to work group chats on WhatsApp. I like to delete the messages I have every now and then. I selected to delete all the messages I had in my feed. Will my colleagues know I deleted the messages?
skittish
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
If you delete the chat, they will not be notified, but if you delete/unsent individual messages you sent then they will
Tom 2020
Rep:
(Original post by skittish)
If you delete the chat, they will not be notified, but if you delete/unsent individual messages you sent then they will
Thanks. I just deleted the chat as I knew about the notifications they would get if I deleted individual messages. I just deleted the whole thing off my phone. Best Wishes, Tom
skittish
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tom 2020)
Thanks. I just deleted the chat as I knew about the notifications they would get if I deleted individual messages. I just deleted the whole thing off my phone. Best Wishes, Tom
Nice, glad I could help
Tom 2020
Rep:
(Original post by skittish)
Nice, glad I could help
You did! Great help! I was worried they know I deleted the chat. I’m what came after millennials (don’t know what I’m called) and I’m not a fan of all this social media so I like to clear it.
Tom 2020
Rep:
Bump
viffer
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Get a friend to create a group with just you and him/her in it. They will be the Admin

Start a chat then delete as follows
a) a message they haven't read
b) a message they have read
c) the chat as a whole

See what comes up on their phone. That will tell you definitively what your work Group members and its Admin(s) will see
Last edited by viffer; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads