The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
i really really struggled with section one, but i think it was the hardest section. Its purely because of the quantity of information they give you in some questions, you really have to be good at dealing with data under pressure. I did ok in section two although for the recessive allelle question i put 25 and i believe now the answer is 33 percent. I also guessed the surds question which was annoying, i should have been able to do that. The cos theta question thingy i also guessed. And the circuit one was a guess. OH GOD I GUESSED LOADS!
rdw1991
i really really struggled with section one, but i think it was the hardest section. Its purely because of the quantity of information they give you in some questions, you really have to be good at dealing with data under pressure. I did ok in section two although for the recessive allelle question i put 25 and i believe now the answer is 33 percent. I also guessed the surds question which was annoying, i should have been able to do that. The cos theta question thingy i also guessed. And the circuit one was a guess. OH GOD I GUESSED LOADS!

lol relax, 4 questions is hardly anything .. sigh. I thought I did okay in S2 but now have doubts.. S1.. hoping. :frown: :frown:
AHHHHHHHH.
Damn i didnt read some of them properly.. liek the allele one, I didn't read "alive" or whatever people have written above. hmmmmmmmmmm.
Reply 2343
I just panicked at the start, I came within one micrometer of telling the examiner to stop walking past me with his tappy tap tap shoes, and to tell the year sevens outside to zip it. Then i chilled out and everything went a bit smoother, section three was fine. One wasnt.
rdw1991

Yeaaah I noticed that in the allelle questions and changed my answer at the last second! I think its 33% anyway?

I guessed absolutley loads including every single physics questions and half the maths cos I didnt prepare properly for it and my essay was really biased! Ahhh welll...
Reply 2345
what were the maths questions? The quadratic one, the umm triangle one and the cos theta one... the others were?....
errm there was an nth term one which went completley over my head. and a simultaneous equation too?
Reply 2347
o yer. cheers. for gods sake i spent ages revising the maths ones and couldnt do any.
Reply 2348
what did people put for the nth term one, i think i put D. It was 1/something. I got that far.
Naziya
2nd Q - Life has a natural end, doctors and others caring for the patient should recognise that the point may come along with progression of a patients condition and eventually end in death

or something along the lines...

yeah i did this one.
what were some of your main points for this essay?
Section 1 was doable. Section 2 was a ***** :frown: .
Reply 2351
rdw1991
what did people put for the nth term one, i think i put D. It was 1/something. I got that far.

Yeah I got 1/(n+1)(n+2).

Section 1 was hard
Section 2 was easier but I made a few careless mistakes (such as the alelle one and the mother/daughter one).
Section 3 was okay - I did question 1 :smile:
rdw1991
Yer i got six. It was quite a good question actually. One of the only ones i am sure i got right!

got 6 as well! :smile:
Papaya
Yeah I got 1/(n+1)(n+2).

Section 1 was hard
Section 2 was easier but I made a few careless mistakes (such as the alelle one and the mother/daughter one).

I think i got -1/(n+1)(n+2)
Reply 2354
The Jester
yea i just went on about the economic risk of paitents not responding to treatment as well as the emotional blah blah blah... meh i just hope they can read my bad handwriting.

uhhhh anyone else feeling really hungry?

Hahaha yeah! I had to go straight into lessons without a break as the exam went through it and so I was flagging! I've eaten now though. :biggrin:

Seen to mirror the majority in that I found Section 1 harder than expected and section 2 easier. I chose question two. Ability to decipher my handwriting is a little concerning, but hopefully it's legible!
I did question 3 in section 3:
'science is the greatest antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstitions'
who else did that one?
is each question 1 mark then? cuz if sooo,, they why is it so hard to get 5 right out of say 27 questions?? or am i just being stupid and the marking scheme is totally different?? lol
Reply 2357
what was the simultaneous equations one?
Reply 2358
... and the marking doesnt work like that, look at this link here to see the average score for most people,
http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/digitalAssets/103320_2007_Explanation_of_BMAT_Results.pdf

I think it works something like if you get 0 marks you score 1, 1 mark is 1, 2 marks is 1, 3 marks is 1, then it goes 4 marks you score 2, etc.... up to 9, 9 being about 32-35 out of 35.
Papaya
Yeah I got 1/(n+1)(n+2).

Section 1 was hard

I got 1/(n+1)(n+2) too!

For Section 2, I put the mother and daughter one - was that wrong?

Latest

Trending

Trending