Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    Exactly what i was thinking.

19.5 as a bad score LOL.
    If anything, I'd be over the moon with that! UCL themselves say about those who obtain over 19 :'' It is important that applicants realise that only a small proportion of applicants will achieve these high scores.''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donc, je suis.)
    Doesn't sound as if it went badly for you at all!
    Well think about this:
    - section 1: 4.5-6 max
    - section 2: 5.5-7 max
    - section 3: 9 - ?

Although I have to admit, section 1 could be EVEN lower. At the end of the day I would be happy with anything which guarantees me an interview i.e. 19

EDIT: my mental maths is lacking, that adds up to 19 not 19.5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymity007)

At the end of the day I would be happy with anything which guarantees me an interview i.e. 19
    I second that. Although again, 'EVEN lower' than 4.5-6 isn't terrible, given that 5 guarantees you an interview along with 5 and 9 in the others.

ReputationRep:
    Although I have to admit, section 1 could be EVEN lower. At the end of the day I would be happy with anything which guarantees me an interview i.e. 19
    I think I'll get 3.5 - 4.0 for section 1 :p: I must have guessed about 10 questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papaya)
    I guess the question was worded badly It said a neutron is converted into a proton but nothing about the electron.
    What did other people answer for that question?
    no it said a neutron was converted into an electron.

i forgot what the other choices were but the answer had only one true statement not more than one...e.g. B not B and D. i think the answer was talking about the increase in proton number but no increase in mass number?

ReputationRep:
    well i think ill be getting this

Section 1: 3.0
    Section 2: 3.5
    Section 3: 7.5

ReputationRep:
    I second that. Although again, 'EVEN lower' than 4.5-6 isn't terrible, given that 5 guarantees you an interview along with 5 and 9 in the others.
    Yup, and for all we know they could give LOTS of credit on section 3...meaning if I get like 3 on section 1, and about 12 on section 3, then it all evens out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdw1991)
    i want just to gather up all of my examination stress from my A levels, BMAT, UKCAT, application to Oxford, personal statement, UCAS, UCAS track, offer, rejections, results, coursework, end of unit tests, and then BLOW THEM ALL UP TOGETHER.
    That is the funniest thing! You managed to capsulate EXACTLY how i feel... except I do IB not A-levels...

ReputationRep:
    in section 2, what was the answer to the one talking about the car accelerating then reaching terminal velocity. it showed three graphs and you had to choose the correct scales for each graph....

ReputationRep:
    Yup, and for all we know they could give LOTS of credit on section 3...meaning if I get like 3 on section 1, and about 12 on section 3, then it all evens out
    I hope so.:yep: Then again I have NO idea how the essay went for me- it could honestly be anywhere between a 3 and a 12, I really couldn't say!

ReputationRep:
    ahh section 1 & 3 are ok, the section 2 WENT AWFUL and ive still got jittery bugs

ReputationRep:
    I hope so.:yep: Then again I have NO idea how the essay went for me- it could honestly be anywhere between a 3 and a 12, I really couldn't say!
    Well as long as English and structure is good, 9 is achievable. With examples the score increases...to be honest, my examples were theoretical situations for 2 instead of real life ones, so I don't think I'm getting over 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    in section 2, what was the answer to the one talking about the car accelerating then reaching terminal velocity. it showed three graphs and you had to choose the correct scales for each graph....
    I put the one where it went up, remained stationary for a few seconds, then went up again, I think that was C but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    I put the one where it went up, remained stationary for a few seconds, then went up again, I think that was C but I'm not sure
    that's a different question. i'm on about the one where you had to match things like mass drag force acceleration to these graphs relating to a car as it accelerated from rest.
    but for that question i got B...i didn't think it was C because the flat line meant that NO water was being added - volume wasn't increasing when the depth of the stick increased. surely if the depth of the stick increased it would signify an increase in volume? ah i could be wrong though, i thought it would increase at a decreasing rate at the start....straight diagonal line...then increase at a increasing rate towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    that's a different question. i'm on about the one where you had to match things like mass drag force acceleration to these graphs relating to a car as it accelerated from rest.
    but for that question i got B...i didn't think it was C because the flat line meant that NO water was being added - volume wasn't increasing when the depth of the stick increased. surely if the depth of the stick increased it would signify an increase in volume? ah i could be wrong though, i thought it would increase at a decreasing rate at the start....straight diagonal line...then increase at a increasing rate towards the end.
    hmm your logic seems correct, lack of thought on my behalf then for that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamWalters)
    No, since the question wasnt about euthanasia.
    It was about carers recognising when a patients life may be naturally coming to an end.
    thanku so much!
    everyone kept talking about euthanasia i was lik wt plz say no!
    u rule, if i knew how 2 rep (not quite sure what it is either but it sounds gd) then i would

ReputationRep:
    Section 1: Finished with about a minute remaining. I'm so happy I had to study formal and informal logic last year. It helped TONS.
    Section 2: I lost my pacing here, 'twas not good. I ended up making educated guessed on 4 questions (narrowed down the answers to two using logic and then picked the one which fit the question the best; I didn't really solve those out)
    Section 3: Our essay prompts were COMPLETELY different from the prompts you guys had. I did the third one, which was on a quote by Bertrand Russell. Supported it well, wrote about 750 words of hard argument with a good bit of evidence. I dunno how I did on this section.

I'm hoping for a 19 or higher.

ReputationRep:
    no it said a neutron was converted into an electron.

i forgot what the other choices were but the answer had only one true statement not more than one...e.g. B not B and D. i think the answer was talking about the increase in proton number but no increase in mass number?
    Oh - I knew one answer said a neutron to an electron but thought another said neutron to proton. So I put the neutron to proton and the mass number one. I guess I must have misread the question then

ReputationRep:
    Resistance force increased as a curve flattening off, until it reached a constant value on the y axis (terminal velocity)

Acceleration was a decreasing graph flattening off at zero

and weight was a horizontal line

i think those were the 3 graphs if i remember correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x)
    thanku so much!
    everyone kept talking about euthanasia i was lik wt plz say no!
    u rule, if i knew how 2 rep (not quite sure what it is either but it sounds gd) then i would
    haha

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.