Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Why does everyone keep saying they will be publically humiliated in front of everyone else who has taken it?
    Because there were a dozen of us at school sitting the BMAT on the day and some bets were made on behalf of what score everyone would get. (Very lame, I know.)

I wouldn't be surprised if schools received results on the Thursday / Friday before the official day since last year our exams officer gave them back quite early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Imperial Oxford and UCL for me. You can begin to pity me now.
    Lol...You definitely get my pity...Hehe..

I applied to Ox and UCL....

ReputationRep:
    you're kidding me - 3 bmat uni's?!? gosh, that's M.E.G.A. risky! my school would NEVER allow it!!!!! It was a struggle to get 2 bmat uni's on my ucas form, let alone three lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    you're kidding me - 3 bmat uni's?!? gosh, that's M.E.G.A. risky! my school would NEVER allow it!!!!! It was a struggle to get 2 bmat uni's on my ucas form, let alone three lol!
    Life is boring if you are unable to take a risk.

ReputationRep:
    Life is boring if you are unable to take a risk.
    depends upon the risk, i guess. sacrificing a space at med school isn't exactly 'fun'!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Because there were a dozen of us at school sitting the BMAT on the day and some bets were made on behalf of what score everyone would get. (Very lame, I know.)

I wouldn't be surprised if schools received results on the Thursday / Friday before the official day since last year our exams officer gave them back quite early.
    the exams officer got it quite early?!? o.o. i have a feeling schools will get it sometime late next week!!!! don't quote me on this, though. arghhhhhhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    the exams officer got it quite early?!? o.o. i have a feeling schools will get it sometime late next week!!!! don't quote me on this, though. arghhhhhhhhh!
    When I say quite early, I mean just a couple of days before strictly so yeah a few us may be able to collect our results a bit earlier than expected...i.e 27 / 28th possibly. Don't quote me on this though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    depends upon the risk, i guess. sacrificing a space at med school isn't exactly 'fun'!!!
    It wasn't an arbitrary risk, I didn't perceive BMAT Universities as being a large margin harder to get into than normal ones, so I took the risk because these were the universities I really liked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    When I say quite early, I mean just a couple of days before strictly so yeah a few us may be able to collect our results a bit earlier than expected...i.e 27 / 28th possibly. Don't quote me on this though! :p:
    27/28th is when universities get it, i believe (well, camb'dge get it on the 27th). that leaves 10-12ish days till results..... OMG THAT IS SOOOOO CLOSE!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't an arbitrary risk, I didn't perceive BMAT Universities as being a large margin harder to get into than normal ones, so I took the risk because these were the universities I really liked.
    Well, i guess i have nothing to complain about...... it is your UCAS form after all!

ReputationRep:

My thoughts exactly- hence the fact that I've chosen the same three .

ReputationRep:
    btw, what oxford college did you apply to and why? i picked exeter.

ReputationRep:
    Wadham here., I just loved it despite being a conservative.

And Donc, je suis - you have good taste good luck.

ReputationRep:
    i Agree i have taken a big risk, ive applied to 3 BMAT uni's, knowing i will have done ''royally'' **** in it, but like he said, take a risk, its more fun, and ive always wanted to strive for Oxf and UCl so im going for my dream, and one BMAT exam isnt going to throw me off.

ReputationRep:
    Ill post my results. Im glad I already have a UCL interview as it makes me less nervous about the results, now only Imperial can reject me because of a rubbish BMAT. Though having said that I REALLY dont want to have to defend my essay at the UCL interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Ill post my results. Im glad I already have a UCL interview as it makes me less nervous about the results, now only Imperial can reject me because of a rubbish BMAT. Though having said that I REALLY dont want to have to defend my essay at the UCL interview.
    Congratz on the UCL interviews! I didn't know they interviewed before the BMAT results.

ReputationRep:
    Your school should not dictate where you apply. That's just damn right ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Your school should not dictate where you apply. That's just damn right ridiculous!
    In theory they shouldn't but the school can if you are applying through them by refusing to send it. Its not fair but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    In theory they shouldn't but the school can if you are applying through them by refusing to send it. Its not fair but it happens.
    I guess you could always bring in parents and harrass 'em till they give in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    I guess you could always bring in parents and harrass 'em till they give in.
    Yes but Its the fact that they can make it very difficult to apply if you dont do what they say (one of my friends application was sent back to them because the admissions tutor didnt like the PS even though it was really good)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.