Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heres a question also from the BMAT. Seems simple but wondering whether any1 else got the same answer as me.

i got D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    Heres a question also from the BMAT. Seems simple but wondering whether any1 else got the same answer as me.

i got D
    Yea D, I agree. Covalently bonded base with formula NH3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Yea D, I agree. Covalently bonded base with formula NH3.
    I just based it on 1 and 6. Because with the time limit there the only two you can be definite off. Therefore, only D contains both 1 and 6.

ReputationRep:
    I just based it on 1 and 6. Because with the time limit there the only two you can be definite off. Therefore, only D contains both 1 and 6.
    I did it by the process of elimination, and the time limit isn't such a big issue as you have like 1 minute per question, and that one would have only taken 20s max.

ReputationRep:

i got D

D

(P.S - Iso was correct about the Previous question, i just cant read. LOL)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    why u think 1 is correct.
    because during beta emission, the atom increases in atomic number by 1....and so a new atom is formed, i.e. 27 in Cobalt goes to 28...and this is a new atom of Nickel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    because during beta emission, the atom increases in atomic number by 1....and so a new atom is formed.

yea thanks i relised that now, i was just thinking wrong.

ReputationRep:
    We did all of that stuff in chemistry anyway?? B-decay, K-capture etc...

ReputationRep:

yes but if you forget how to read and think properly, the fact that i knew the answer didnt help.

ReputationRep:
    in chemistry?

Lol we haven't touched that in chemistry! We did that in physics!

ReputationRep:
    in chemistry?

motiv3 how did u find the nuffield?

ReputationRep:
    heheh alright witness, i came past your LHC stand and didn't get to meet you

To be honest some of the posters were ****! One of the winners had basically text on hers! The judges were appalling, they basically didn't prompt you to answer specific parts. All in all for five hours straight having to stand up, eat some processed garbage and then stand around some more, could have been better!

Was fun having to discuss neuronal differentiation and the implications of it to a mathematician! THEY HAVE SUFFERED!

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha i turned up at 6, rushed set up my ****** display i was not feeling it - but the judges came around and i just talked and talked and talked and didnt stop LMFAO.

i was one of the six to get selected for nationals at the end (no jokes) i was the first one called out, wearing a black cardigan, dark jeans and grey tshirt. i couldnt believe it at all LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by witness the sickness)
    hahahaha i turned up at 6, rushed set up my ****** display i was not feeling it - but the judges came around and i just talked and talked and talked and didnt stop LMFAO.

i was one of the six to get selected for nationals at the end (no jokes) i was the first one called out, wearing a black cardigan, dark jeans and grey tshirt. i couldnt believe it at all LMFAO
    :eek: CONGRATS MAN!

When is the nationals and who judged you?

ReputationRep:
    in chemistry?

You didn't do any nuclear chemistry? :p:

ReputationRep:

wasn't it funny the amount of applications for medicine and also the number of people applying for cambridge and oxford there lol!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: CONGRATS MAN!

When is the nationals and who judged you?
    im not sure when they are but i cant blag my way through them LOL. i got judges by a man and woman going around together for about 30-45mins, and then they came back 20miins later and stayed for another 15mins. then another judge came back and was talking to him for at least half an hour, and he was confirming my "score" or something...

ReputationRep:
    wasn't it funny the amount of applications for medicine and also the number of people applying for cambridge and oxford there lol!
    Yeah definately i was like wtf. im not used to this many oxbridge (we have 4 in our year and that is a lot for my colege)

ReputationRep:
    im not sure when they are but i cant blag my way through them LOL. i got judges by a man and woman going around together for about 30-45mins, and then they came back 20miins later and stayed for another 15mins. then another judge came back and was talking to him for at least half an hour, and he was confirming my "score" or something...
    ah them, think they were physics orientated. I got some1 from Alder Hey who clearly doesn't judge on a regular basis lol

That being said, although i hated it for the duration of the time there, looking back has been a great experience. Probably won't forget it for a long time!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definately i was like wtf. im not used to this many oxbridge (we have 4 in our year and that is a lot for my colege)
    i know what you mean. Someone had the cheek of going around and just asking whether they were doing medicine and where lol...i think they came to find out the competition for medicine than rather doing the actual nuffield lol.

I think everyone that does the nuffield believes they are now oxbridge material. Obviously it helps but hopefully my nuffield isn't diminished by so many people doing it

are you urself applying to oxford?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.