Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    at least you're not waiting on a uni interview outcome that'll come sooo unbelievably soon! or are you?
    not.
    But I do have a KCL interview to cheer me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayilalraya)
    how does he know?

looking at posts on this forum this time last year, oxford started giving out interviews a few days before the BMAT results
    Oxford themselves say 'the first week of December.' surely it takes time for the flagging up, etc, after bmat results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    not.
    But I do have a KCL interview to cheer me up.
    you have one, or you've had one? anways, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    but they get the BMAT results early

and on their website they say early december as a general thing but surely it is possible it might be a bit earlier than that

ReputationRep:
    you have one, or you've had one? anways, congrats!
    I have one, not "had".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayilalraya)
    how does he know?

looking at posts on this forum this time last year, oxford started giving out interviews a few days before the BMAT results
    I don't know! He just told me and I listened. I haven't applied there or else I would have asked him too!!!!

However, I did mention my uncertainty about the credibility of what he said.
    It just so happened to be that the Oxford Website says a similar thing hence I decided to post.

I don't know when they'll send them out to be honest!

Just passing on some (possibly wrong/right) information really!

ReputationRep:
    at least you're not waiting on a uni interview outcome that'll come sooo unbelievably soon! or are you?
    to be fair id prefer to be in your position waiting for an outcome than in mine = interviewless
    isn't tomorrow apparently when the unis get our bmat results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatman09MedPlz)
    to be fair id prefer to be in your position waiting for an outcome than in mine = interviewless
    isn't tomorrow apparently when the unis get our bmat results?
    Looking at your sig, you're soooo obviously going to get 4 interviews minimum. no debate! But yeah, kings college cambridge say the 27th is the day the get the bmat scores, though the cambridge assessment (who make the bmat) say that they got them on monday. so basically, yep, they've either got them or will get them tommorow!!!! oh oh!!!!! i am soooooo sure they're laughing at my ridiculously low score!

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your sig, you're soooo obviously going to get 4 interviews minimum. no debate! But yeah, kings college cambridge say the 27th is the day the get the bmat scores, though the cambridge assessment (who make the bmat) say that they got them on monday. so basically, yep, they've either got them or will get them tommorow!!!! oh oh!!!!! i am soooooo sure they're laughing at my ridiculously low score!
    thanks, i hope you're right, and who knows, hopefully well both be at kings next year! would so love to go there
    i found the bmat ok, but id say ive got around 17 or something! and i wouldnt be too dissapointed with that, even though it would most likely mean i won't be hearing from UCL :o:

ReputationRep:
    If I get 5, 5, 9, I will personally buy everyone on this thread a drink

Spoiler:
    Show
    A metaphorical drink that is :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjetti)

Spoiler:
    Show

Or you could just say, all the London people on this thread.

That narrows it down to about 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    Or you could just say, all the London people on this thread.

That narrows it down to about 4
    Cityist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjetti)

Spoiler:
    Show
    What if you get higher? Do we still get a drink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chuk)
    Cityist!

He is from london, so buying you a drink would be hard.

ReputationRep:
    Who actually marks them?(obviously more than one person :p: , but generally?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donc, je suis.)
    Who actually marks them?(obviously more than one person :p: , but generally?)
    Computers Mark Section 1 and 2.

Section 3 is marked by people employed by UCLES, academics, experienced markers, medical related individuals, ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    Computers Mark Section 1 and 2.

Section 3 is marked by people employed by UCLES, academics, experienced markers, medical related individuals, ect.
    Oh ok, thanks- yeah I should have said how section 3 is marked, i assumed the other 2 were by computers

ReputationRep:
    What about those questions on the first 2 sections which aren't multiple choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    What about those questions on the first 2 sections which aren't multiple choice.

OCR(optical Character recognition), as it was 1 Character per box, a computer would recognize that, as they were only numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    I should imagine the computer software is sophisticated enough to recognize numbers.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.