The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ADREAM
May I ask why?
Getting 4, 4, 9-12 warrant a label as the 'lowest ever' BMAT results?
Reply 2961
friggin idiot id love 4-4 12
wow it's been a long journey. thanks to everyone who helped out with revision questions before the bmat, hopefully our practice would have payed off.
some of us have more to lose than others (applying to 2-3 bmat unis - but hopefully our bravery should prevail), but i wish everyone the best of luck. i look forward to congratulating you all tomorow.
Exactly my sentiments. At the moment I'll be happy with 18, 19 seems an impossibility without a doubt.
Reply 2964
logic123
friggin idiot id love 4-4 12

Really? It's just that Oxford/Imperial put more weight on Sec 1 + 2, so although Sec 3 is important, doing poor in 1 + 2 and well in 3 won't really balance out. Don't know about UCL though....
!MEna
Getting 4, 4, 9-12 warrant a label as the 'lowest ever' BMAT results?

In his world yes! In my world, it would be the best..(given that i know i flunked it good)

Have you heard from sgul yet? Btw, wats the first letter of your surname?
Reply 2966
ADREAM
May I ask why?

Cos its like your giving the rest of us a dirty slap in the face.

If i got 4,4, 9 i would get an erection, yet you seem to see that as a failure.

We are not all superhuman "MUST GET 100% TO LIVE" students.
Yes your school clearly a 100% Factory.

But that's not what life of medicine is about.
Reply 2967
crazylemon
Remeber that he does go to a crazyily competitive school (lowest Lit c/w mark was 90%) and so has unaturally high expectations

Woah - you still remember? But yeah, school is crazy - so if i get 4, 4, 9-12 - I'd defo be the lowest ranked in my school. When the ranking list comes out tommorow ... o.o! :frown:
Oh, and where I referred to the lowest ever results !MEna - like crazylemon implied, I was referring to the lowest in my school! :frown:
The thing I dislike about the BMAT is just how friggin unpredictable it is.
The fact that you think 9-12 is a bad mark for one thing. I know you have high expectations of yourself, but some of us are ******** ourselves, expecting literally the worst :p:
ADREAM
Woah - you still remember? But yeah, school is crazy - so if i get 4, 4, 9-12 - I'd defo be the lowest ranked in my school. When the ranking list comes out tommorow ... o.o! :frown:
Oh, and where I referred to the lowest ever results !MEna - like crazylemon implied, I was referring to the lowest in my school! :frown:

Yea but once you get into uni, no one cares what you got for your BMAT or likewise...
SilentGirl
In his world yes! In my world, it would be the best..(given that i know i flunked it good)

Have you heard from sgul yet? Btw, wats the first letter of your surname?
I live in the same world as you. Good luck tomorrow!

Nope, haven't heard from SGUL yet. My surname begins with 'F' if that helps. I think you may end up hearing the decision from SGUL very soon, good luck girl! :jumphug:
Trust me that would get you an interview with your high A* percentage. 12 on the essay is in the top 10% which would easily outweight the 60% weighting of sections 1 & 2.

Edit: And you really shouldn't care how well other people do. Trust me, when you get into Oxford, you might have to realise that you cannot be the best all the time (sorry about the rant btw- frayed nerves!)
Reply 2973
Sanjetti
The fact that you think 9-12 is a bad mark for one thing. I know you have high expectations of yourself, but some of us are ******** ourselves, expecting literally the worst :p:

no, no - 9-12 is an AMAZING score. I just think 4's in sec 1 + 2 outweighs it - that's all...
ADREAM
You are your own person, your own individual. You shouldn't give a **** about how others will have done or how others will perceive you based on three subset scores.
I honestly HONESTLY think there is a high possibility of me getting 3 3 6.
Oh dear god.
Reply 2976
Sanjetti
Trust me that would get you an interview with your high A* percentage. 12 on the essay is in the top 10% which would easily outweight the 60% weighting of sections 1 & 2

really - ah, didn't think about it like that! :smile: Sorry if anyones offended!
Reply 2977
Sanjetti - did you also apply to Oxford?
ADREAM

Yes my memory is one of my advantages (I can still almost recall all my BMAT essay- though this is something I dont like doing)
Don't worry A score like that IS good nationally even if at your school its like somone at mine getting a D/E. Rememebr UCL say only exceptional candidates get 19+
ADREAM
Sanjetti - did you also apply to Oxford?

Yeah I did- Worcester. I'm regretting it so badly now...:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending