Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Condolences on your rejection Adream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    I honestly HONESTLY think there is a high possibility of me getting 3 3 6.
    Oh dear god.
    :rolleyes:

I'll hold you to this one as well when results are out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    :rolleyes:

I'll hold you to this one as well when results are out :p:
    Dude I'm not even joking!
    I just felt it went so badly and I had to guess a good 75% of the questions and I couldn't make all the points I wanted to in the essay.
    *hyperventilates*

ReputationRep:
    I will find It amusing If I get exactly the same scoe in each section ie

DEVIL NUMBER!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Dude I'm not even joking!
    I just felt it went so badly and I had to guess a good 75% of the questions and I couldn't make all the points I wanted to in the essay.
    *hyperventilates*
    The BMAT is unpredictable... yes... :p:

But to get 3s in the first two sections... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjetti)
    Yeah I did- Worcester. I'm regretting it so badly now...:p:
    Nice pick! I chose Exeter - it's the most amazing place like EVER!
    We'll find out sometime this week if we've got an interview or not, right? Have you started any optimistic preparation? I certainly haven't!

ReputationRep:
    The BMAT is unpredictable... yes... :p:

But to get 3s in the first two sections... :rolleyes:
    Is it possible to get lower than 3, do you know? Or is 3 the score you get when you get 0 raw marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Condolences on your rejection Adream.
    Ah, thanks - it was for English, though, making me even more determined to get into medschool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Is it possible to get lower than 3, do you know? Or is 3 the score you get when you get 0 raw marks?
    I'm pretty sure 0 = around 1

But 3 is ridiculous... it's like... get 4-5 questions right, max.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks - it was for English, though, making me even more determined to get into medschool!
    You applied for English with a medicine PS? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I worry for my essay. I'll be over the moon with a 9 (wouldn't mind more though...LOL)

I think UCL is trying make your choice up for you. Lol

ReputationRep:
    To get a 3 in Section 1 last year you you would have needed approximately 9/35.
    To get a 3 in Section 2 last year you would have needed to get 5/27.

So it is possible to get lower 3 in both sections indeed.

ReputationRep:
    You applied for English with a medicine PS? :rolleyes:
    Oh yea - stupid, dumb, idiotic... blah blah - I've had it all already! I did send them a separate English PS though, if that makes any difference...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, TSR has made me nervous again :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, 3 is not ridiculous, some people are naturally good at these types of tests, but i dont believe they should use alot of weighting on this test. You mean maybe 3/4 in the whole country might get supreme marks by just guessing there way through it. The problem is most people do guess alot of answers, and some people strike very lucky, so i dont think its a suitable test in my opinion. But anyways, good luck everyone for tommorow, i completly forgot about the results tommrow lol.

ReputationRep:
    Nice pick! I chose Exeter - it's the most amazing place like EVER!
    We'll find out sometime this week if we've got an interview or not, right? Have you started any optimistic preparation? I certainly haven't!
    You might have noticed...but I'm a bit of pessimist when it comes to applications :p: I have done quite a lot of optimistic preparation- but that wasn't for Oxford. Just general reading on interesting stuff...but yeah...BMAT was awful lol.

ReputationRep:
    i havent done much reading latetly for interview prep, ive been more focused on resists for January, if i get an interview i will start prep immediatly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjetti)
    You might have noticed...but I'm a bit of pessimist when it comes to applications :p: I have done quite a lot of optimistic preparation- but that wasn't for Oxford. Just general reading on interesting stuff...but yeah...BMAT was awful lol.
    awful? I think it was waaaaay worse than that, 'horrendous' would be summing it up lightly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    i havent done much reading latetly for interview prep, ive been more focused on resists for January, if i get an interview i will start prep immediatly.
    All i've done is read 2 books on the brain and 2 copies of New Scientist - that's all! Trust me, there's not much prep you CAN do!

ReputationRep:
    awful? I think it was waaaaay worse than that, 'horrendous' would be summing it up lightly!

an accurate description of the BMAT is:

1. A 1 hour session of RAPE
    2. A small Rest.
    3. A 30 Minute Session of RAPE.
    4. Another 30 minute torture test.

Followed by 25 Days of pain, suffering, nightmares and PURE HELISH Devastation and Depression.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.