Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    yeah onetyme,
    your marks are only a point or so below average so it's not too bad...
    you do have a chance of getting called to interview with brilliant grades I suppose...
    It's not that low that you should lose all hope!!
    After all, considering you're not even British, it's quite an achievement!!!
    Think about it, 50% of people obviously get below the average so don't think too harshly of yourself

no need for the crying mate!!
    thanks alot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Same! (got 4.4, 4.7, 10.5 - it'd be so cool if i could transfer 1.5 mks from sec 3 to 1 + 2, to get 5.1, 5.5, 9!!!!!!!!!!!! Then i should be guaranteed an imperial interview!!
    I don't know why section 3 is looked down on by universities! Surely it's as good an indicator of performance as the other two, especially as couple of extra lucky guesses can mean the difference between 6.0 and a 7.0! (Sorry about the ramblings here!)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get into Imperial or UCL with a 6.0 in Section 3 despite getting over 19(19.4) overall?

ReputationRep:
    15.4 = lowest scpre?!? i seriously do not think so!!! slightly under national average in fact! it's not compulsory to get 5,5,9 for a ucl interview, btw - they say themselves that only 'a few exceptional candidates' get that, so i'm sure you'll be a-ok!
    stay positive!
    thank you adream. am trying to stay positive but its just difficult. well gud luck with urs. hope u get an interview and possibly an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Would 5.0 4.7 9.0 Total 18.7 get me an Imperial interview?

Well done to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saro_656)
    6.5 A*s (half gcse due to short course RE)
    3 A's
    1 B,

any particular reason for asking? do oxford put preference on GCSE's??
    so your %A* at GCSE (full course) = 67%. So you needed to be in the top 27% of national bmat scores. Oxford convert your bmat score by this formula: For you = 0.66

QUOTED FROM MEDSCHOOL ADMISSIONS:
    '
    The scores on the different BMAT sections were combined by considering each section mark as a percentage of the maximum (allowing for the fact that the scales did not all start with zero), and calculating BMAT performance = 0.4*(% on section 1) + 0.2*(% on section 2) + 0.4*(% on section 3). This decision to give less weight to Section 2 was made on the basis of a review of previous admissions data in advance of the 2004 admissions round, and was maintained in both the 2005 and 2006 admissions rounds.)

'

- They put your % A* in Gcse in ration with your Bmat score. For you = 67:0.66 and then they rank this ratio.....
    very long-winded!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onetyme2008)
    thanks alot.

Dont worry. If i have little hope left, you shouldnt definitely lose your hopes. Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggar)
    Would 5.0 4.7 9.0 Total 18.7 get me an Imperial interview?

Well done to everyone
    excellent score - well done! depends on your gcse's, ps, wk exp, as, a level pred, reference etc - nobody could tell you!

ReputationRep:
    so your %A* at GCSE (full course) = 67%. So you needed to be in the top 27% of national bmat scores. Oxford convert your bmat score by this formula: For you = 0.66

QUOTED FROM MEDSCHOOL ADMISSIONS:
    '
    The scores on the different BMAT sections were combined by considering each section mark as a percentage of the maximum (allowing for the fact that the scales did not all start with zero), and calculating BMAT performance = 0.4*(% on section 1) + 0.2*(% on section 2) + 0.4*(% on section 3). This decision to give less weight to Section 2 was made on the basis of a review of previous admissions data in advance of the 2004 admissions round, and was maintained in both the 2005 and 2006 admissions rounds.)

'

- They put your % A* in Gcse in ration with your Bmat score. For you = 67:0.66 and then they rank this ratio.....
    very long-winded!
    ah... ok... thanks for explaining, but surely this doesn't matter now, because once you've got an interview everything is based on that anyway?

you're right, it is rather long winded and confusing.
    off topic, but why did you choose exeter? i chose st. annes because i thought it was less public schooly and may be easier for me to get into..

ReputationRep:
    Cheers ADREAM- good luck to you and fingers crossed for you, everyone (and me :P)

ReputationRep:
    I got 7.3, 6.7, 10.5.. I'm well chuffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    Dont worry. If i have little hope left, you shouldnt definitely lose your hopes. Where else did you apply?
    applied to birmingham ,bristol and liverpool. birmingham gave me an offer for medical science instead of medcine but still havnt heard from ucl, liverpool and bristol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saro_656)
    ah... ok... thanks for explaining, but surely this doesn't matter now, because once you've got an interview everything is based on that anyway?

you're right, it is rather long winded and confusing.
    off topic, but why did you choose exeter? i chose st. annes because i thought it was less public schooly and may be easier for me to get into..
    True true... That the only reason you chose that college?
    I absolutely LOVED Exeter - medium size, central location, sports grounds, full of famous alumni (J.R.R. Tolkien, Pullman, Allan Bennet...) and plus buildings are absolutely AMAZING, library open 24hrs a day, beautiful gardens.... list goes on!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SLEEP OVER THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjetti)
    Ah that's so frustrating! Same situation with my best mate, its so annoying when that happens- If only you could transfer some points from one section to another! :p:
    isn't it just! i wish i could transfer 0.3 from S2 to S1...then i'd have 5.0, 5.0, 10.5 exactly, and a guaranteed interview! but now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    isn't it just! i wish i could transfer 0.3 from S2 to S1...then i'd have 5.0, 5.0, 10.5 exactly, and a guaranteed interview! but now...

Lol, im not in my right mind..
    I was wondering why you guys are talking about statistics 1 (S1)..well, you are clearly talking about section 1...

Btw, well done you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Col Hakavod! Lama atha lo gar b'Israel ackshiv? Ani rotze lagore b'haaretz aval ani tsariq laleket le'universita b'anglia.
    Ani gar b'Dubai, UAE, akhsav but I visit yerushalayim at least once every year. Efo ata gar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    Lol, im not in my right mind..
    I was wondering why you guys are talking about statistics 1 (S1)..well, you are clearly talking about section 1...

Btw, well done you!!
    ahh S1, the bane of my life last year! thank god that's over and done with!
    cheers! just have to wait and see what it does now! and to you as well, don't lose heart with UCL just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v_balian)
    Ani gar b'Dubai, UAE, akhsav but I visit yerushalayim at least once every year. Efo ata gar?
    b'anglia aval ani soneh anglia. Eckq atha yachol gar bDubai im atha gart-ha b'Israel? Ain leqha citizenship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    b'anglia aval ani soneh anglia. Eckq atha yachol gar bDubai im atha gart-ha b'Israel? Ain leqha citizenship?
    ken yesh li tehodat zehout ("citizenship") aval gam yesh li passport tsarfatit :rolleyes: akhi yesh lekha facebook?

ReputationRep:
    - v_balian

are you armenian?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.