- v_balian

are you armenian?

Yes why do you ask?
Because I am too.
Reply 3402
iheartvet
Because I am too.

What? no way lol wts ur name?
It has been shortened and no longer ends in 'ian'. I was not born in Armenia, but I do speak the language. My parents were born in Romania, though, so I speak western Armenian.
Reply 3404
I wasn't born in Armenia either, I've only been there twice and I too speak western Armenian :smile:
That is exciting. I have never been before. I will have to take a trip there at some point in the future. How are your medical school applications coming along?
Reply 3406
hey i've sent u a private message let's talk there instead and leave this forum for bmat :P
Yes I agree :smile: BTW thanks Balian, I didn't know about tehodat zehout. Shows how limited my hebrew is :p:
Reply 3408
PeeWeeDan
Yes I agree :smile: BTW thanks Balian, I didn't know about tehodat zehout. Shows how limited my hebrew is :p:

looll np
Hopefully I should find out my BMAT results tomorrow. It's been frustrating seeing you all post up scores i would be very happy with while I'm still in the dark. And very distracting when I'm trying to write up coursework! :biggrin:

Still, over half marks is what I'm aiming for now, I want to get an interview at Imperial.
jonnyofengland
Hopefully I should find out my BMAT results tomorrow. It's been frustrating seeing you all post up scores i would be very happy with while I'm still in the dark. And very distracting when I'm trying to write up coursework! :biggrin:

Still, over half marks is what I'm aiming for now, I want to get an interview at Imperial.

you got shortlisted for oxford. from what i've seen i can only imagine that you got 19+ so you have nothing to fear!
Isometrix
you got shortlisted for oxford. from what i've seen i can only imagine that you got 19+ so you have nothing to fear!

That's half the problem now though. I'll go in expecting a good score, and get smacked on my arse with a ridiculously low one.

And there's always something to fear - I'm currently fearing a rejection from Imperial (although it has been a good week so far, so interview offers in two days :smile:)
Reply 3412
Does anyone know how the Oxford medical admissions work post-shortlist?

My question is, when ranking you and selecting who they want after your two interviews, is it 100% based on interview or will your grades/BMAT strengthen your application?
Reply 3413
crosscurrents
Thanks, and well done. The BMAT was one of the reasons I didn't apply to Oxford :wink:

Ironic huh!
Chuk
Does anyone know how the Oxford medical admissions work post-shortlist?

My question is, when ranking you and selecting who they want after your two interviews, is it 100% based on interview or will your grades/BMAT strengthen your application?

I think I heard that they'll take you at face value. They recognise that everyone has the same academic achievements to get there, so treat that as a base level, and compare everyone from the interviews. I may be wrong though, I've been getting so confused lately!
Can't help but feeling I've put myself at a massive disadvantage going into interview for Cambridge - in fact it's clear that I have. Massive disadvantage. So, so gutted. I just hope I can get somewhere towards making up for it with my interview. :frown:
In case people haven't seen my post in the results/ to save you looking:
Kelly^2
Can't help but feeling I've put myself at a massive disadvantage going into interview for Cambridge - in fact it's clear that I have. Massive disadvantage. So, so gutted. I just hope I can get somewhere towards making up for it with my interview. :frown:
In case people haven't seen my post in the results/ to save you looking:

i'm in the same boat as you. i got 4.4 for section 2 as well and cambridge put loads of emphasis on this section. it's not impossible to get an offer with that but it's really hard. i'm probably not going to get in now, but it just means i can go to the interview and just make the most of it and have a good time :rolleyes:
Isometrix
i'm in the same boat as you. i got 4.4 for section 2 as well and cambridge put loads of emphasis on this section. it's not impossible to get an offer with that but it's really hard. i'm probably not going to get in now, but it just means i can go to the interview and just make the most of it and have a good time :rolleyes:

Your overall score is much better though - well done.
Good luck buddy :smile:
Wait, Cambridge still use your BMAT scores post interview to make their decision?
Reply 3419
There are so many people with brilliant scores and I think those who have 'not as brilliant' scores have been too shy to post them. For those of you in the same boat as me, these are my 'not as brilliant' scores:
S1 - 5.6
S2 - 5.0
S3 - 6.0

Bit disappointed with section 3 to be honest, but can't do anything about it now. Just need to play the waiting game.

Latest