Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Section 1: 7.9 :jive:
    Section 2: 5.6
    Section 3: 12.0 :eek:

Had a feeling I'd done pretty well on Section 1, but I was sure I'd failed the essay. I was pretty shocked when I got handed the results (but pleased all the same)!

ReputationRep:
    just got my results through the post, better than i expected but could have done better on section 1.
    10.5 (i waffled through the whole essay dont ask me why i got a good mark lol)

ReputationRep:
    I did awful

3.1, 4.4, 9 what a terrible section 1! and 2.

Hopefully Imperial will cut me some slack since I'm applying for Biomed and they were the only university who required it.
    Dude don't worry. I've got 4.7,4.1 and 7.5 and applying for biomedical science too. Hell, even with this score I've managed to secure an Oxford interview!

ReputationRep:
    Bmat Results Where Art Thou?!

ReputationRep:
    man i ****** up badly i got 3.8, 3.8, 3 = 9.2

and i applied to ucl and oxford (waiting for rejection from ucl)

damn and i could have been guaranteed interview with oxford had i got top 50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayilalraya)

er 3.8+3.8+3 actually equals to 10.6

ReputationRep:

so 17.1 overall. it's not amazing, but it's alright. i thought i'd done much worse, i was preparing myself for a 3 in the essay part so i'm pleased!
    hopefully it's enough for UCL to give me an interview even though they've said only 19+ are guaranteed interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    er 3.8+3.8+3 actually equals to 10.6
    k that explains why i did badly in section2 then

ReputationRep:
    It is really frustrating for me as i still havent got my results ( well my school hasnt been delievered with the results) as they were allegedly supposed to be coming on tuesday! I hope it is worth the wait as i still havent heard from either UCL or imperial yet.

ReputationRep:
    how many people did the BMAT this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    come on - are you kidding me? 6, 8, 14 (rounded up) - amazing scores, s1 is waaaaaaaay above average!
    You know, i think loads of people are lying on this site about their scores, the average cannot have been so ridiculously high! plus, i hate it when people say 'i got 8, 8, 12. not that pleased, though'?!?!?!?!?!?!
    If you are right, then it may give me little hopes. Im thinking fi everyone got over 19, then people with below that, has no chance even with UCL.

ReputationRep:
    i got 5,5.3,10.5 so overall 20.8. what does imperial read up till? like whats the least score does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do the BMAT but I have to say: MY GOD. 95% of the scores on here are above average, and like 80% of you have 20.0+... Goodness.

=/
    TSR attracts the most able pupils? Maybe those with less than the average are less likely to post, too. Congrats folks.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at birmingham which went well so i was feeling quite happy until a friend rang me with my results :|

section 1: 3.1
    section 2: 5.8
    section 3: 9

overall: 17.9

section 2 and 3 are fine but section 1 is really going to drag me down. I've only applied to UCL and its actually the only uni that I really want to go to so I'm really hoping i at least get an interview. I'm really tempted to email them with my results and ask if i have a chance but I can just imagine that everyone is doing that so they are busy as it is.. but yeah i'm actually really gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayilalraya)

ah, so you got 90% A* GCSE then.... top 50% = 17 total +, i think....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x)
    i got 5,5.3,10.5 so overall 20.8. what does imperial read up till? like whats the least score does anyone know?
    Half marks in each section, so you've got nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Half marks in each section, so you've got nothing to worry about.
    How many times - not half marks in each section!!!! This was only a rumour that some prospective medics came up with when they were trying to guess who/why people would get interviews/what score, etc.... There were many with less than half marks in each section who still secured interviews! And some with far above half marks who DIDN't get interviews....

ReputationRep:
    got my BMAT - so disappointed
    S1 - 4.1
    S2 - 4.1
    S3 - 10.5
    so basically oxford rejected me on monday which was gutting. in the email they talked about having a list of a further 10% of students added to the shortlist, and i really felt i'd at least be on that based on everything like personal statement, as's etc etc.
    NOW ive not even got 19, so UCL looks unlikely and im so pissed off for choosing the uni;s i did - especially oxford, considering a lower BMAT wouldnt have mattered as much for Cambridge. oh well thats life and ill just have to get over it.

ReputationRep:
    BMAT Results:

Section 1: 5.3
    Section 2: 3.8
    Section 3: 7.5
    Comments: I did much better than i expected, but i am pleased with my section 1 and 3, i just hope UCL see past my BMAT and average academia and give me an interview.
    So i guess as last interview is 03/03/09 there is not that long till i find out.

ReputationRep:
    got results today, total 27.7

absolutely delighted! no idea i'd do this well

got interview dates last week for cambridge, though no news from imperial...

btw is it just me or are loads of people from TSR applying for downing? and they all seem to have very high bmat scores...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.