The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jessie t
Err..how did you gather that lol?

UCL interview- mainly were tlaking about essay
Imperial- websit says 50% in each section roughly plus gossip on NMM- not the most reliable source I know
crazylemon
Told at the interview day by them that:

About 700-800 interviewed total
~400 due to 19 in BMAT

So just under 50% have less then the chosen 5,5,9 Criteria
Well that has worried me even more. So let's say 400 got 5, 5, 9+ and about 100 odd interviews were designated pre-BMAT results based on personal statement and application solely - that leaves what, about 200 or so interview spots left? Using that logic, that means myself and quite a few others are back to square one if they are only going to select ~200 applicants from about 2000(ish) other applicants.
BMAT score: 20.9

ROYALLY messed up section 1. Did very well on three and above average on 2 - saving graces.... No idea how Imperial will view my app. as it is so unevenly weighted.
!MEna
Well that has worried me even more. So let's say 400 got 5, 5, 9+ and about 100 odd interviews were designated pre-BMAT results based on personal statement and application solely - that leaves what, about 200 or so interview spots left? Using that logic, that means myself and quite a few others are back to square one if they are only going to select ~200 applicants from about 2000(ish) other applicants.

You are really close to the boundry so should hopefully get an interview
ooo only just found this thread :smile:

I'm not applying for medicine but I had to do the BMAT for physiological sciences at Oxford.

Section1: 5.6
Section 2: 4.4
Section 3: 10.5
Total: 20.5

Overall i'm really chuffed. Well done to everyone else :biggrin:
Btw, anyone else's certificate say November ARD ?!

:biggrin:
First of all I'm an international student applying for physiological sciences at Oxford and biomedical science at Imperial. I've had my Oxford interview already in October in NYC which I screwed up pretty badly. and as for Imperial I'm not getting interviewed because I am an international.

so I got my BMAT score yesterday and they don't seem to be good enough to make up for my terrible interview. I have 6.4, 4.1, 10.5 = 21.0. (my section 2 is pretty abysmal)

How much chance would I have with these universities? if there aren't much I just want to forget about it and just focus on Canadian universities.
Reply 3547
crosscurrents
Btw, anyone else's certificate say November ARD ?!

:biggrin:

yeah i laughed at that. what does ARD stand for anyway?? :p:
I feel so UNattracted to UCL right now ...
Does a 6.0 in Section 3 cut you out of UCL?
SilentGirl
I feel so UNattracted to UCL right now ...

Yeah and STILL nothing from George's :frown:
Reply 3551
i got 4.7,5 i sec 1 and 2... surely i've killed imp now?!
Reply 3552
PeeWeeDan
Does a 6.0 in Section 3 cut you out of UCL?

Well you won't be guaranteed an interview. But depending on ur overall application and ur sec 1, 2 scores they might still call u for an interview (out of the 800 interviewed, 400 have the 5+,5+,9+.
Sanjetti
Yeah and STILL nothing from George's :frown:

I heard that they arent interviewing this week...may be from next week onwards..

I have no idea as to why they arent calling you but im sure they will as far as you meet their requirements and a have a good PS.
SilentGirl
I heard that they arent interviewing this week...may be from next week onwards..

I have no idea as to why they arent calling you but im sure they will as far as you meet their requirements and a have a good PS.

They're definitely interviewing the week beginning the 15th of December.

I know this cos I have one that week :yep:
v_balian
Well you won't be guaranteed an interview. But depending on ur overall application and ur sec 1, 2 scores they might still call u for an interview (out of the 800 interviewed, 400 have the 5+,5+,9+.

I assume they interview the 559 people first? So all non-559ers will have to wait a long time?
SilentGirl

I have been called already! :p: Remember, last tuesday? (Haha dw, I'd like to forget about that interview as well)...I think they'll give out offers before interviewing the next batch of applicants, so I guess we'll find out before the 15th!
Sanjetti
I have been called already! :p: Remember, last tuesday? (Haha dw, I'd like to forget about that interview as well)...I think they'll give out offers before interviewing the next batch of applicants, so I guess we'll find out before the 15th!

Silly me ! My mind is too overwhelmed with all this, sorry i forgot.. Thats even better...we are over and done with the interview, now just wait n wait.I think, we will defo hear next week.
Sanjetti

Btw, How was your interview?
Im so addicted to this medicine forum..... sad sad me...

Latest

Trending

Trending