Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Good lord. Libertarianism takes a hit again.
    Hmmm, you somehow get used to it after a while! What's your school like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Hmmm, you somehow get used to it after a while! What's your school like?
    Relaxed I'm sure your school is very boring, but it got you where you are now - right?

ReputationRep:
    It is school
    I would never be able to handle it! Then again atleast your school cares. I didn't have a tutor for months. :laugh: My maths teacher used to come into class hung over and late most times. :laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Relaxed I'm sure your school is very boring, but it got you where you are now - right?
    I actually moved in from a really crappy comprehensive, but yah, i guess you're right! Can't wait for uni!

*That's if I get any offers!*

ReputationRep:
    I actually moved in from a really crappy comprehensive, but yah, i guess you're right! Can't wait for uni!

*That's if I get any offers!*
    I have 0 doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    I would never be able to handle it! Then again atleast your school cares. I didn't have a tutor for months. :laugh: My maths teacher used to come into class hung over and late most times. :laugh: :laugh:
    Cares? Cares for us - defo no! All they care about is being top of the league tables in the coutry year after year after year! We're just trained to ace exams - nothing else!
    *They're only like no. 10 in the country though! Hahahaha school!*

(Oh, i hope they're not reading this. Yes - you Eddie!)

ReputationRep:
    Cares? Cares for us - defo no! All they care about is being top of the league tables in the coutry year after year after year! We're just trained to ace exams - nothing else!

Atleast you don't get hung over maths teachers and non existent physics teachers. :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Compared to some state schools who assign the "good teachers" to bottom sets in order to bump kids up to Cs so they look good in league tables...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Atleast you don't get hung over maths teachers and non existent physics teachers. :laugh:
    Ha! That's really quite scary!

And oh, I can't stop laughing at you're cheesy laugh!

ReputationRep:
    My physics teacher was convinced that in a right angled triangle the opposite side could be 25m, the adjacent side could be 20m, and the hypotenuse could be 8m. Suffice it to say this caused quite an argument.

ReputationRep:
    It is school

Sounds like Prison To Me.

You are forced to Work, and Cannot do anything you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)
    Sounds like Prison To Me.

You are forced to Work, and Cannot do anything you like.
    sounds like my school :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, there's a rule: 'Students must not show any affection to the opposite sex in school grounds in any circumstance.'
    I'm not even allowed to kiss my gf - grrrrrr!
    poor you!

good thing i live in a liberal country. lol.
    teachers gossip about who's together with who >.<

i guess smoking on school grounds is forbidden too right?..
    i am beginning to think we're too liberal now ... :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    poor you!

good thing i live in a liberal country. lol.
    teachers gossip about who's together with who >.<

i guess smoking on school grounds is forbidden too right?..
    i am beginning to think we're too liberal now ...
    Your allowed to smoke?! What aren't you allowed to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chuk)
    Your allowed to smoke?! What aren't you allowed to do?
    hahaha
    not much really.
    drugs not allowed obviously. violence not tolerated...
    lol..
    technically you are allowed to smoke 2 m outside the school entrance. but everyone smokes right outside the entrance.. and the teachers smoke there too ... lol
    i hate using that entrance though ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    hahaha
    not much really.
    lol..
    technically you are allowed to smoke 2 m outside the school entrance. but everyone smokes right outside the entrance.. and the teachers smoke there too ... lol
    Same with my college. You have to go through a gate of smoke before going through the actual gate to enter college. And oh..yeah it's not all cigarette smoke if you catch my drift.

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyeree)
    hahaha
    not much really.
    lol..
    Unlucky. The only idea I have of Japanese schools is either Manga or Fast+Furious3-Tokyo drift. Are uniforms really like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chuk)
    Unlucky. The only idea I have of Japanese schools is either Manga or Fast+Furious3-Tokyo drift. Are uniforms really like that?

hahah i can see it now:

walking to school:

someone approaches you...'yo if you want to get that A-grade...you got to show me your driftin skills boi'

then flashes to an epic fast thrilled race

bliss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Same with my college. You have to go through a gate of smoke before going through the actual gate to enter college. And oh..yeah it's not all cigarette smoke if you catch my drift.

ye tbh its proper stupid and i've decided to complain. Okay they are legally out of school property and so are not on public ground thus can smoke wherever they like but parents aren't aware that there children are FORCED to and i mean FORCED. They surround BOTH ENTRANCES and its like 20 people smoking together! Now okay if you go past it once thats fair dos' nothing major is going to happen but every morning, break and school leavin time is getting stupid. Also its not just the sixth formers that have to tolerate it...its year sevens etc which isn't on. They shouldn't have to go through the ONLY ENTRANCE every day and endure smokers puffing away.

By the way i have nothing against smokers. I just don't like it when the hang around the school gates and the blow the smoke in your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)

lol yeah....
    which is why i dont use that entrance if i can help it. but i dont really care. i get my share of second hand smoking at parties anyway............ lol

(Original post by Chuk)
    hahahahahahahahaha

a) i live in sweden. this is a SWEDISH school :p:
    b) im not jap. im korean
    c) err.. uniforms ..differ from school to school. korea has long skirts. my school (gap year2006-7) was really strict and we had to have it below the knee.. but most nowadays can have it just above the knee.
    d) not so unlucky. i liked the relaxedness of the whole school atmosphere. hated the strictness of a korean school. lol. it kind of sounds a lot like some of your schools tbh lol

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.