The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
ShinyShiny
Why only 450?

750 being interviewed this year!
really (only) 300????
thats sooooo good to hear!! :P
How did dr brenda cross manage to let that out though - did you ask her or? :s-smilie:
she told us
at your interview?
yah
Do you know how long they interview for? Because i have 19 but havent heard anything about interviews from them yet.
just give them time, apparently until end of february - not sure though
Reply 3887
Thats nice to hear that theres a good chaance for ppl with BMAT below 19. However im wondering wot about people who got over 19 but not the special 5,5,9?
i.e. me i got 21 but at 4.7, 4.4 ,12 hopefully i shuld be gd for ucl but im worried about imperial with those damn rumours of 4.7 and then the 4.5 they say on their website (half in all 3 sections) :no:
ShinyShiny
just give them time, apparently until end of february - not sure though

Thanks I am so impatient!
Dont worry, you always stand a chance the BMAT is only the end all if you truly screwed it up. i.e. 2,2,3
Reply 3890
ShinyShiny
Dont worry, you always stand a chance the BMAT is only the end all if you truly screwed it up. i.e. 2,2,3

I guess I'm screwed then.

:laugh:

J/K
Reply 3891
I don't stand a chance at gettin an interview at imperial (5.6 4.1 7.5), might as well just throw in the towel now...
Reply 3892
But they selected about 150 before the BMAT Results.

so 750-(370+150) = 230 ish interview places for those who achieved less than 5,5,9.
Reply 3893
DrVas
But they selected about 150 before the BMAT Results.

so 750-(370+150) = 230 ish interview places for those who achieved less than 5,5,9.

So about 350 to 300 left out of 2700 applicants.

Hmm so a 12.96% to a 11% chance.
Reply 3894
Baki

Not really. Not all 2000 or so applicants have straight As and A*s on their GCSEs and 4 As at AS and 4 A2 Predicted As and work experience etc. So not everyone has an equal chance ur percentages are very unreliable! It's not like drawing names out of a hat! You're assuming everyone's got an equal chance! How can everyone have an equal chance?
Reply 3895
v_balian
Not really. Not all 2000 or so applicants have straight As and A*s on their GCSEs and 4 As at AS and 4 A2 Predicted As and work experience etc. So not everyone has an equal chance ur percentages are very unreliable! It's not like drawing names out of a hat! You're assuming everyone's got an equal chance! How can everyone have an equal chance?

Obviously I didn't take those into account. It would be pretty hard to. :tongue:

Those were just crude percentages. Don't worry dude!
You also need to take into account that most of the 150 chosen pre-bmat were very likely to have gotten 5,5,9 anyway..
Reply 3897
Baki

that's erm depressing :s-smilie:
Reply 3898
shahrukh24
You also need to take into account that most of the 150 chosen pre-bmat were very likely to have gotten 5,5,9 anyway..

OMDZ BOOOOOYAAA.

That increases my chances :biggrin:

*slowly sinks into the reality that that is never going to happen*:shifty: :frown: :frown:
v_balian
It's not like drawing names out of a hat!
You'll be surprised. I mean, UCL give out interviews and stop until they have filled up all of their places so really, there's a chance that some candidates don't even get considered because of that.

Latest

Trending

Trending