Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    My Personal Statement is good, my reference is alright to good. Ummm...Essay is crap. :laugh:
    Ah complete opposite here! My BMAT essay must have been decent enough with some good points for two markers to give it a 9.0. I haven't seen my reference though I know I am predicted AAAA. I felt my personal statement was strong but I've started to hate reading over it during days when I pick faults in my application.

Some guy at my school asked if I had heard anything from anywhere and when I said no, his response was "your personal statement must have been ****", which has been on my mind ever since he came out with that. He hasn't even read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Ah complete opposite here! My BMAT essay must have been decent enough with some good points for two markers to give it a 9.0. I haven't seen my reference though I know I am predicted AAAA. I felt my personal statement was strong but I've started to hate reading over it during days when I pick faults in my application.

Some guy at my school asked if I had heard anything from anywhere and when I said no, his response was "your personal statement must have been ****", which has been on my mind ever since he came out with that. He hasn't even read it.
    Screw him! Being called early doesn't neccessarily indicate preference! That and at the end of the day what matters is an offer, not when you were called for interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    You have had your UCL interview already? How was it?
    Bad - they asked me completely different questions to everyone else, none of which I had been expecting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

:console:

I'm sure it's not - like you said, he hasn't read it.

Don't try to over analyse everything - if you thought it was good enough at the time then I'm sure it can't have too many faults. Try not to worry too much about your application, and instead focus on the next step forward, even if that's just revising for your A levels at the minute - I'm sure it will pick up next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    Im sure you have your potential. Its all upto the interviewers, and their taste. You got imperial still. Good luck.
    Thankyou for making me feel better
    rep tomorrow if you remind me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

idiot. ignore him. what the hell does he know? his whole aim was probably to freak you out like this. you'll be fine. i know you'll get an offer, because you deserve one.
    in the meantime, plan revenge on this guy. i suggest spreading a rumour that he's got an STI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    idiot. ignore him. what the hell does he know? his whole aim was probably to freak you out like this. you'll be fine. i know you'll get an offer, because you deserve one.
    in the meantime, plan revenge on this guy. i suggest spreading a rumour that he's got an STI
    Hahaha thanks, but he's really not worth the hassle. I was not expecting him to come out with that but I'm not going to take it personally since he's ignorant about applying to Medicine. He takes pride in the fact that he got like three offers in a matter of two days after sending off his application.

Man, that is the last time I'll ever help him out with maths homework though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

Screw that guy- forget him!

I remember messaging you about KCL and the ruddy UKCAT lol.

I havent had any interviews........but I'm guessing it means they still like us? lol..

I heard UCL rate Section 3, which I'm hoping is true, as that section saved me with my 9.0

Then again I got 16.2, so a UCL interview would be God's work

I'm sure you'll get one, you were so close to 19!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessie t)
    Screw that guy- forget him!

I remember messaging you about KCL and the ruddy UKCAT lol.

I havent had any interviews........but I'm guessing it means they still like us? lol..

I heard UCL rate Section 3, which I'm hoping is true, as that section saved me with my 9.0

Then again I got 16.2, so a UCL interview would be God's work

I'm sure you'll get one, you were so close to 19!
    Hey! Yeah I remember you!

I mean we're still in the running, so yeah, they do see that we have some potential...
    (emphasis on the some though ha! :p:)

We've got until March to get shortlisted so don't count yourself out at all. There's still quite some time left to get one and you never know, we both might just get a pleasant surprise!

ReputationRep:
    I had a 6 in essay..no chance here..

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, does anyone know what are the biology topics tested for the BMAT section?

(I will be taking the BMAT this year.) I really appreciate comments with regards to my questions

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...m_Coverage.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Just common sense, innit.

Seriously though, it's all in that link, not that I ever even knew there was a syllabus like that for it before I did it. :s

ReputationRep:
    jonnyofengland, do you mind telling me what you on the individual sections of the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    You have TEN MONTHS.

TEN MONTHS. Get your AS' done first.

ReputationRep:
    got*

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell what is the minimum BMAT score you require to get an interview offer from oxbridge??

ReputationRep:
    Do your research.

For Oxford, it depends on your % A*s at GCSE. No idea about Cambridge.

EDIT: Might be worth checking out the Medicine subforum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v_balian)
    jonnyofengland, do you mind telling me what you on the individual sections of the BMAT?
    i think he's been banned by request, so you might have a bit of trouble getting an answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom4510)
    You have TEN MONTHS.

TEN MONTHS. Get your AS' done first.
    hear hear.
    yeah, the bmat's important, but there's no point in worrying about it now! you have AGES to go.
    i didn't start thinking about the bmat till october or something like that!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.