Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    What college are you applying to?
    I'm not :nah:

I was going to apply to Cambridge, Trinity originally but pulled out :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x)
    you too!! with a bit of luck i might end up seeing you somewhere lol. hows your SAQ going? x
    It's going ok. Just the personal statement bits and the photo to go. I was hoping I'd be done with personal statements! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohanshah)
    I'm not :nah:

I was going to apply to Cambridge, Trinity originally but pulled out :o:
    Ooops sorry! I suppose I just assumed because of you joining in our UMS convo. Why did you decide against applying?

ReputationRep:
    Any non-medics out tell doing BMAT? I know some vets and biomedical scientists (like myself) have to do it. Anyway good luck to you all!
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Ooops sorry! I suppose I just assumed because of you joining in our UMS convo. Why did you decide against applying?
    Because of those UMS :yep:
    And also because Cambridge Medicine is quite heavily research based. I'd rather practise medicine, not research it.

ReputationRep:
    It's going ok. Just the personal statement bits and the photo to go. I was hoping I'd be done with personal statements! What about you?
    photo and topics covered in subjects lol my UMS isnt even average by the sounds of it, i'll have to rely on the whole maths in one year with an A thing lol! i never knew labibah was applying to oxbridge, she hadn't decided when i last spoke to her x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohanshah)
    Because of those UMS :yep:
    And also because Cambridge Medicine is quite heavily research based. I'd rather practise medicine, not research it.
    well actually, I'd argue the opposite. I mean 2-3 years of clinical medicine is enough practice pre-Foundation level anyway. You'll get loads of practice in your foundation years.

Also @ beth, I guess your my competition @ Downing!

ReputationRep:
    Sidney Sussex here!

I'm happy about my UMS :yep:

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else applying to newnham? anyone???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Sidney Sussex here!

I'm happy about my UMS :yep:
    can i ask what they are? unless there all 300 lol

ReputationRep:
    Edit

ReputationRep:
    98% average. None at 300 :p:
    Impressive.
    What college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Edit

ReputationRep:
    98% average. None at 300 :p:
    insane
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Cambridge is a bit of a lottery anyway. You can only prepare for it and hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    well my admissions tutor reconned that at REALLY competitive colleges like Trinity, where the average is 92%, at least the top 5 people would have 300 x 4 :|:|
    Anyone with loads of 300s applying to Downing?

ReputationRep:
    oh bummer... it seems so many are applying to downing ... me too...i didn't look at the statistics, i was told not to by careers teacher.

i guess my chances are much lower now...

i really hope cambridge like people who want to do some research in the medical career...though i'm not sure how much stuff i'm supposed to have read... i only read new scientist a bit....:confused:

now wishing i went for sidney sussex, i went there on the open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    insane
    :eek:
    Most Cambridge medics have 5 A levels and very very good UMS anyway :p:

At least I can wish everyone the best of luck because no one's applying for my college :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiex)
    oh bummer... it seems so many are applying to downing ... me too...i didn't look at the statistics, i was told not to by careers teacher.

i really hope cambridge like people who want to do some research in the medical career...though i'm not sure how much stuff i'm supposed to have read... i only read new scientist a bit....:confused:

When did you go on the open day?? I went to an open day as well, so I may have seen you :p:

New Scientist is a load of rubbish anyway. Read a pop-science book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiex)

The interview is everything. I dont think there's any great advantage of having more than i dano..95% ums? It just shows better exam technique as opposed to genuine intellectual ability.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.