A levels in 4.5-5 months. Have I enough time for 4 A*s? URGENT Watch

Medwizard
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys just want to know the truth/ reassurance. I do maths, bio, chem and physics

Background:
* Predicted 4 A*s from AS
* Finished 75% of AS bio recently, confident in AS maths and chem, havent really revised AS physics since May last year
* Have to learn/ relearn all ecology plant topics for bio
* Nearly finished A2 physics
* Half way through A2 chem
* 70% finished of A2 maths and bio

I've revised for every test in yr 12 and some in yr 13(BMAT and interviews interfered)
I did a physics A2 past paper yesterday getting 64% on specimen paper 1 and 82% on 2016 unit 4 paper so reckon im at an A idk
Did maths paper 1 crashmaths and got 75% ish

So idk where I'm at rlly. Perhaps AABB? Would it still be possible to hit my target? I should have had time to revise but got sidetracked by my UKCAT, BMAT and 4 interviews in december.

I havent done much over holidays. Only like 5hrs a day cos i wanted to chill from after my interviews. Most of that was revising A2 physics and maths. I havent done much for other two since I had to revise a lot of those subjects for cambridge interview.

Just feel so confused atm can someone help?
Sabav
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m still in year 12 ( doing the same subjects as you) and may not have the best answer but I think you can definitely do it because you seem to have covered most of the content for each subject and that means you’ll have lots of time for past papers as well!
Good luck, I believe in you!

Also I know this is irrelevant but since you got such amazing predicted grades could you give me some tips on your subjects especially physics and bio?
Xxz39
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ll take A level in October-November this year and I have done much less than you😭 I think you already put so much effort and with 4 to 5 months time you’ll get better than AABB. Just do the best you can and worry less about future grades though since it’s the only thing we can do for now
Medwizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabav)
I’m still in year 12 ( doing the same subjects as you) and may not have the best answer but I think you can definitely do it because you seem to have covered most of the content for each subject and that means you’ll have lots of time for past papers as well!
Good luck, I believe in you!

Also I know this is irrelevant but since you got such amazing predicted grades could you give me some tips on your subjects especially physics and bio?
Sure thing
Make sure to understand what u do in class to make revision easier later on. Also try to ace any class tests or yr 12 mocks so that u have something to fall back on if things dont go well in AS/ Year 12 end of year exams. Know AS pretty well so you dont waste time in A2 trying to relearn everything and it will help with admissions tests like BMAT and NSAA as well as scientific interviews. Most importantly of all, enjoy year 12 and make the most of it. But IMO u dont want to do too much at this stage or u'll burn out. Maybe 1-2 hrs each day?
Medwizard
Rep:
?
More advice about my situation is also welcome
Bump
Annaelisab
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Medwizard)
Hey guys just want to know the truth/ reassurance. I do maths, bio, chem and physics

Background:
* Predicted 4 A*s from AS
* Finished 75% of AS bio recently, confident in AS maths and chem, havent really revised AS physics since May last year
* Have to learn/ relearn all ecology plant topics for bio
* Nearly finished A2 physics
* Half way through A2 chem
* 70% finished of A2 maths and bio

I've revised for every test in yr 12 and some in yr 13(BMAT and interviews interfered)
I did a physics A2 past paper yesterday getting 64% on specimen paper 1 and 82% on 2016 unit 4 paper so reckon im at an A idk
Did maths paper 1 crashmaths and got 75% ish

So idk where I'm at rlly. Perhaps AABB? Would it still be possible to hit my target? I should have had time to revise but got sidetracked by my UKCAT, BMAT and 4 interviews in december.

I havent done much over holidays. Only like 5hrs a day cos i wanted to chill from after my interviews. Most of that was revising A2 physics and maths. I havent done much for other two since I had to revise a lot of those subjects for cambridge interview.

Just feel so confused atm can someone help?
I can relate to the stress of the UKCAT and interviews! If you’re doing 5 hrs a day you’re doing really great I never do that much if you’re really stressed try getting help at college maybe or try and make a revision plan good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads