Turn on thread page Beta

Modern Pirate Outfit Ideas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a pirate-themed birthday party tomorrow - I know, so last minute! - and need some ideas as to what to wear. I was thinking about putting a punky kind of edge to it to stand out a bit, but I'm not sure what to wear. I was thinking something along the lines of
    - white blouse
    - black waistcoat
    - black skinny jeans
    ...but after that, I'm lost. I don't want to outdress the birthday girl (she's going as a pirate wench), but I do want to look cool (...well, as cool as I can look as a pirate...)
    I don't know if it'll help, but I'm really short, so nothing that'll make me look even shorter than I am...
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Eye patch is an essential item :p: you can probably buy one from a pound shop or kids shop or something.
    Maybe a bandana?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a bandana, but not an eyepatch
    I asked my mom to get me one from her hospital, but I don't think she did...
    I'll try to get on ASAP.
    ...anything else??

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want to stand out you should be going as a space pirate, or a pirate dog, or something with a touch of the bizarre. :p: but if you're going for the more conventional pirate and want to look good, tight waist-coat, bare shoulders (and some high boots if you have them) should cover it

ReputationRep:
    Have you got boots you can tuck the jeans into?
    Maybe say a thick brown belt or something aswell.

ReputationRep:
    OK, go with what you've got so far, but make it more Jack Sparrow :love:

Definitely add a belt (be really piratey by wearing more than one, maybe crossing over your body like a sash) plus fabric strips are always good as belts or to tie in your hair instead of a bandana

Wear boots with the skinny jeans, lots (and I mean lots ) of black eyeliner and some massive earrings- I got some sort of huge tarnished gold ones from Claire's with a pattern on that looked piratey.

Add lots of rings, bracelets, necklaces etc as your loot and mess your hair up so it's sexily tousled a la Keira Knightley. You could take a sword if you wanted and thread some beads into your hair like this:

http://www.barcade.com/media/images/...Sparrow300.jpg

Lots of tiny plaits dotted about look cool too! Have fun

ReputationRep:
    Modern-day pirate? Strap on a body-length trench coat and strap a bunch of copied DVD's on the inside. Done.

ReputationRep:
    I helped my mum dress up as a pirate the other week and her outfit was:
    boots
    black jeans
    one of my dad's white shirts (aka a baggy white shirt) loosely tucked into the jeans
    a piratey belt
    we already had an eyepatch
    a beard drawn on in eyeliner
    loads of rings
    tattoos all the way up her forearms (fake lol)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.