The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hey does anyone know any good medicine work experience available in London I’ve been looking I can’t find anything.
I’m in year 12
Rather than London-specific opportunities, I can give you some advice for what to consider in general when it comes to work experience: speak your GP practice, to your local hospitals, look into volunteering at a care home, look at volunteering at a place for people with disabilities, look at part-time work in a pharmacy, some people become a health care assistant, some people become a phlebotomist, speak to any doctors you may know as family friends.

Hope that is useful to you!

Millie
4th year medical student, official student rep of St George's University of London
Reply 2
Original post by St George's University of London
Rather than London-specific opportunities, I can give you some advice for what to consider in general when it comes to work experience: speak your GP practice, to your local hospitals, look into volunteering at a care home, look at volunteering at a place for people with disabilities, look at part-time work in a pharmacy, some people become a health care assistant, some people become a phlebotomist, speak to any doctors you may know as family friends.

Hope that is useful to you!

Millie
4th year medical student, official student rep of St George's University of London

Hey thank you they all seem like a really good ideas. Do you think entering essay competitions will be good

Quick Reply

Latest