The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MrMat18
Really? What was their name?

She's like 22 now but her name is Tamsin.
Reply 21
Prudy
Hmm, you may find it difficult insofar as you have no academic experience of your subject yet, however it's worth bearing in mind that the Uni won't make an offer if it doesn't think that you aren't capable of succeeding there. Work hard and you'll be fine. Looking at the grade offer as well, you shouldn't be at a diadvanatge because of your results.

Well its quite a vocational course, which is why I picked it I have my heart set on a career in the area. If all doenst go well on results day I have an insurance offer from them of 100 ucas points < lol, this would mean doing a foundation year before proceeding to the main course. As I have no prior ACADEMIC experience of the subject do you think a foundation year would be a good idea? Also do you know anyone who has had experience of a foundation year?

Thanks
Reply 22
MrMat18
Well its quite a vocational course, which is why I picked it I have my heart set on a career in the area. If all doenst go well on results day I have an insurance offer from them of 100 ucas points < lol, this would mean doing a foundation year before proceeding to the main course. As I have no prior ACADEMIC experience of the subject do you think a foundation year would be a good idea? Also do you know anyone who has had experience of a foundation year?

Thanks

I don't know anyone with that experience. A foundation year doesn't seem necessary to me. If they offered yo the course without requiring one then, pfft, they'll teach it to you in the first term. However, if it turns out that you have to pick your insurance, then go for it, can't do any harm.
Reply 23
malsi101
law is a hard subject to get into if you haven't got the required grades-but id try to get more experience and hopefully youll do fine.-x

No I did law at A level. I know I wouldnt stand a chance of getting into uni to do it. Im doing computer networking course

Latest