Delete please Watch

Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
5 Cs to get in, though I know some people with less than that. To stay on in Year 13 you need EEE.
--Dan--
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Seems to me that for most schools its 5 C's (including maths and english)

Going by this thread...
luk333
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by --Dan--)
Seems to me that for most schools its 5 C's (including maths and english)

Going by this thread...
yep, same. Although my college was quite flexible, i know some people that got like 6D's and 4C's and still got in, they just had to drop a few of there subjects.
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A pulse. But even then they probably made exceptions.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
6 A*s - C. B in the subject for next year. But you need CDD to go onto A2.
strawberry_princess
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
General entry requirements are 7 Cs, but you have to have at least a few Bs, As or A*s. Then you need Bs in the subjects that you want to take. Quite high requirements actually... it's just a sixth form college but it's very oversubscribed.
mikoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
5b's inc. eng lang.
Mikimoto
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's 3 Bs and 2 Cs. Although that's supposed to be rather flexible.
Pisswinkles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What about if you didn't take a certain subject for GCSE that you want to do for a level? I didn't take 3/4 of my A levels before and got AAB in them...
Steffiewoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need the specified grade from the prospectus to take each subjects, and it varies from subject to subject. Eg FMaths requires and A in GCSE maths, while Maths requires a B at GCSE.
A couple of subjects don't require specific grades in any GCSE, such as Psychology and Sociology.
Generally people aren't admitted onto any course without above average GCSEs anyway though at my SF.
Callipygian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We need at least 5 A*-C with Bs in the subejcts your taking, so you could get BBCCC if you wanted to take art, graphic design, enlgish lit and english lang, your Cs should be in maths and english although these rules arnt really strict as i know people with less than 5 A*-C
Yolly
Report 10 years ago
At my (grammer) school you need:
- B average
- B in Eng. Lang.
- B in Maths
- Meet entry requirements for subject (most are A but a couple are B, to take Accelerated maths (maths A2 in Yr12, FM in Yr 13 if you continue) you need A*)

But if you are an external candidate you really need more than this 'cos they pick based on GCSE results until the places are filled.
BromleyBabe
Report 10 years ago
For my school you have to get 5 A*-C grades, and including a B in the four subjects you want to take (except for maths where you need an A)...So really after you have the four B grades in the subjects then you only need one more grade to get A*-C to get in!
They are quite low but it is a good sixth form
Good luck in your results people
X X X
bubblewit
Report 10 years ago
Wow i didnt realise how varied the entry requirements were for A-levels, all colleges i applied to followed pretty much the same requirements. Anyway mine were:

5 GCSE's at grade C or above, with atleast a grade C in the subjects you wish to continue on with.
moody28028
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You have to get 5Cs to get into the sixth form if you already go to the school (like me) or 5Bs if you're coming in from outside.
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Technically 5A*s to C grades, but really 4Bs and minimum Cs in English Maths AND Science. You need to have a B at GCSE to study the subject at AS.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it is 5Cs or above. if you want to pick 4 ASs then you need a C in english language AND lit and then at least a C in maths. if you fail any of those subjects then you're only allowed to do three subjects and your fourth is resit, and if you fail all then you have to do a 3 year course where you're spending the first year as resit year 11 student (just in 6th form though - i think they call it the post-16 class).

though, in all fairness. they rarely ever stick to these rules. they offered my brother an unconditional place based on his results and the only subject he was predicted to pass (C and above) was business studies (with a B).

to get into year 13 you only need EEEE, 90% attendence and a good reference from all your teachers plus your form tutor.
rapha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by simple.)
My school had a points system for GCSEs. so for every A* it was 10 points (don't remember exactly). The average was the amount of points divided by the amount of GCSEs. You needed 46 points to be able to do 4 AS's.
:confused:
Are you sure you dont add them up? How can you get an average of 46 if the highest possible score is 10?

The college I am planning to go to next year asks your for an average of 6.0 (based on A*=8, A=7, B=6, C=5 etc) to do 4 AS Levels and 6.7 to do 5. You also need C in English and Maths and A or B grades in the subjects needed for your course (e.g. BB in Science for Chemistry).
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Howells)
Officially it's 5 Cs, but they let people in who have no GCSEs because they want the money, which greatly annoys the rest of us.
Our 6th Form is way too big, with 36 people in some classes :no:
that is like our school. but after a few weeks/months the people who didn't get the grades either get kicked out anyway (not getting high enough grades on class tests repeatidly/not turning up to lessons etc.) or quit because they can't cope. i mean the maths when it started up there was a class of about 50, so they had to make 4 small groups, but then about 3/4s of them left anyway because they got Us in the january exams and found it too difficult. and in our lit, we started with about 30-odd and now we have 5.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by --Dan--)
At my school you need 5 C's (including Maths and English) at GCSE to get into sixth form. Then you need the specific grades for the subject you want to do e.g. You need a B in English at GCSE to be able to do it at AS level.

What are the requirements at your school?
Just wondering

Same which is what pisses me off!

First they say 5 C's or 5 A-C's which is the same yet then they require something like a B for the subject It makes me angry as for some subjects I cant get a B so why say you only need C's in the first place?

But they will be so stupid not to accept me as Im probably the only hardworking person in that chav school :rolleyes:

xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads