Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award: Badge or Brooch?

Watch
Nitrosomonas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi All,

I have finally completed my gold Duke of Edinburgh award! It's now time to choose whether I'd like the gold brooch or gold badge. Does anyone have any opinions and advice on which one I should get?
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Firstly, congratulations on completing Gold!

I'd seriously recommend the brooch over the badge. It's much nicer! The badge is a little lapel pin similar to the ones you get at Bronze and Silver. I guess it depends on whether you want the flashier one or some you could actually wear on a suit/jacket.

I'll find an image of them both side by side and you'll see what I mean

Name:  EFyG5kBXUAAN8l4.png
Views: 208
Size:  251.9 KB
Last edited by CTLeafez; 9 months ago
Nitrosomonas
Rep:
?
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Firstly, congratulations on completing Gold!

I'd seriously recommend the brooch over the badge. It's much nicer! The badge is a little lapel pin similar to the ones you get at Bronze and Silver. I guess it depends on whether you want the flashier one or some you could actually wear on a suit/jacket.

I'll find an image of them both side by side and you'll see what I mean

Name:  EFyG5kBXUAAN8l4.png
Views: 208
Size:  251.9 KB
AH this makes my decision tricky. The brooch makes it seem more special, yet the badge completes the bronze and silver set... Tough decision!
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Nitrosomonas)
AH this makes my decision tricky. The brooch makes it seem more special, yet the badge completes the bronze and silver set... Tough decision!
Just buy the lapel pin off Ebay, not sure if you'll find the brooch as easily. :')

I did Bronze and Silver via Cadets but sorta hated it so never did Gold... The upper age limit for Gold is 25 so I'm sorta tempted to do it.
Last edited by CTLeafez; 9 months ago
Nitrosomonas
Rep:
?
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Just buy the lapel pin off Ebay, not sure if they'll find the brooch as easily. :')

I did Bronze and Silver via Cadets but sorta hated it so never did Gold... The upper age limit for Gold is 25 so I'm sorta tempted to do it.
Very good point!

It will be worthwhile I'm sure, especially when you're so close already to the full set!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.62%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (351)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.67%

Watched Threads