End of year 1 results : A*AB
Physics A*
Chemistry B
Maths A

November mock exam results : ADD :frown:
Physics D
Chemistry D
Maths A

I was doing alright in year 1, I wasn't doing my best, but I was doing my homework, revising every now and then, and I manage to get A*AB. But over the summer holidays I didn't study a single minute and wasted almost 3 months. And after I summer, I didn't do ANY studies except for due homework and assignments. I was getting behind lessons and all that because I'm busy watching Netflix, playing games and browsing reddit from the moment I come from school to the moment I sleep. Speaking of which, I wasn't getting enough sleep because of it. I think I was 'depressed' at that time but looking back I'm sure if I was actually depressed. Anyways because I didn't study or didn't do revision, I got ADD for my November mocks. I crammed and only started revising a week before my mocks. During the exams weeks, I was up all night revising for my exams which definitely affected my performance. While this I'm supposed to write my personal statement and research uni. I didn't study, I didn't research, I didn't do anything.
And before the Christmas break, I told myself I was going to revise, catchup on my studies, and write up my personal statement. But I did the same thing I did in summer. Im so mad at myself for wasting so much time and only 2 months before my mocks and 4 months before my actual A-level exams, Im regretting every decision I've made for the past 2 years.

With that being said, the reason why I'm doing the GYG is so that I can Improve grades.... and my life honestly. So from now on I'm going to log what I do everyday and hopefully I will improve myself. I know I'm perfectly capable of getting A*s but I'm gonna have to work for it.

I'm new to this whole GYG so any help is appreciated :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Shibu the Doge
Hi!
Im shibu and this is my GYG for my A-levels :smile:

A-level Subjects:
Physics
Chemistry
Maths

GCSE results : 9,9,9,8,8,7,7,6,5,4

Uni choices : Haven't decided yet :facepalm:

Predicted Grades : AAB
Physics A
Chemistry A
Maths B

End of year 1 results : A*AB
Physics A*
Chemistry B
Maths A

November mock exam results : ADD :frown:
Physics D
Chemistry D
Maths A

I was doing alright in year 1, I wasn't doing my best, but I was doing my homework, revising every now and then, and I manage to get A*AB. But over the summer holidays I didn't study a single minute and wasted almost 3 months. And after I summer, I didn't do ANY studies except for due homework and assignments. I was getting behind lessons and all that because I'm busy watching Netflix, playing games and browsing reddit from the moment I come from school to the moment I sleep. Speaking of which, I wasn't getting enough sleep because of it. I think I was 'depressed' at that time but looking back I'm sure if I was actually depressed. Anyways because I didn't study or didn't do revision, I got ADD for my November mocks. I crammed and only started revising a week before my mocks. During the exams weeks, I was up all night revising for my exams which definitely affected my performance. While this I'm supposed to write my personal statement and research uni. I didn't study, I didn't research, I didn't do anything.
And before the Christmas break, I told myself I was going to revise, catchup on my studies, and write up my personal statement. But I did the same thing I did in summer. Im so mad at myself for wasting so much time and only 2 months before my mocks and 4 months before my actual A-level exams, Im regretting every decision I've made for the past 2 years.

With that being said, the reason why I'm doing the GYG is so that I can Improve grades.... and my life honestly. So from now on I'm going to log what I do everyday and hopefully I will improve myself. I know I'm perfectly capable of getting A*s but I'm gonna have to work for it.

I'm new to this whole GYG so any help is appreciated :smile:

watching this post, you can do it
Original post by SilverLipa
watching this post, you can do it

thank you! :h:
Day 1 - Mon 6th January

I woke up late (as usual) Because I was up last night on my phone. Anyways, I made a detailed planned of everything I had to do, I'm doing right now and I have to do in the future because if I don't have a visual of the tasks I'm supposed to do, they can go off mind. I've made a revision planer and on average I will only get 2.5 hours of revision on weekdays and 8 hours of revision on weekends. I REALLY regret not revising over the Christmas break. I could have done so much work :frown:. I missed out on about 150 hours of revision, in those time, I could have catched up on my missed lessons. But now I have to do it when I have school.
School stars tomorrow so I started doing the homework (which I should have done over the holidays). There were so much to do that I had to stay up until 4:00am to complete them. But I often get distracted by my phone :angry:. I only got 3 hours of sleep rip me.
Day 2 - Tuesday 7th January

When I woke up I was so tired as I was sleeping until the afternoon for the past 3 weeks. In school, I had,
Physics for 3 hours
--> My teacher decided it was a good idea if he went over the past few topics we have done which was good for me because I can relearn them again.
Maths for 2hours
--> We did Hypothesis testing + Binomial probabilities which I didn't understand but I will catchup on it soon as possible.

- My physics teacher gave me a homework which will take several hours but I decided to copy the answers as it will take way less time to do and I don't have time to learn and catchup on the topics that the question was on. It took about 2 hours even thought I was basically copying the answers.
- I'm really tired I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, so I will arrange my books and find out how much I need to catchup on for each subjects.
- Plus I have my UCAS application to hand in 7 days and I haven't started it.
- Im fairly okay with the Screentime I've spent today which is 3 hours. Its comparatively better than my other days but my goal is to reduce it down to 1 hours per day.

Today was 5/10. Ive started to actually do something stead of going on my phone, but it would have been better if I actually revised.

Goals for tomorrow
--> Find out how much I need to catchup on
--> Start catching up on topics I've missed
--> Arrange my subject folders properly (because they are a mess
--> Complete the Chemistry PAG book (due this Thursday)

(Also I'm not sure about my GYG format I have to take look at other people's threads and find a one that's suitable for me)
good luck, will be following :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending