The Student Room Group

I need help!

So I want to drop out of college as I don’t think my coarse (level 2 childcare) is for me I have looked at other coarses but there are none to my taste I have been in college for 5 months now and want to make the decision but I need help on am I making the right choice as people I know keep saying “you’ll get no job dropping out of college” and “you’ll be a failure” I want to get an apprenticeship and I’m also 16 and am turning 17 soon! I just need help on someone who’s feeling or has been in the same position
Original post by Cait.m2124
So I want to drop out of college as I don’t think my coarse (level 2 childcare) is for me I have looked at other coarses but there are none to my taste I have been in college for 5 months now and want to make the decision but I need help on am I making the right choice as people I know keep saying “you’ll get no job dropping out of college” and “you’ll be a failure” I want to get an apprenticeship and I’m also 16 and am turning 17 soon! I just need help on someone who’s feeling or has been in the same position

Hi @Cait.m2124

Im sorry to hear that you feel this way.

What I would advise doing is continuing the course but start applying for apprenticeships in the meantime. Its better to look for the apprenticeship while you've got the back up of of another qualification. But I would say that if an apprenticeship would suit you better then you should do that as you will get more out of the qualification.

I have linked a Find an Apprenticeship search engine for you to use to help you on your way.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for this advice but I think going to a place where they will help me get a job is my best option but I also wanted to know if it is my choice can I leave college as my tutor is onto me saying I cannot?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending