Turn on thread page Beta

do u like marilyn manson watch

ReputationRep:
    ^^ same as above , do u like him and think his songs have real meaning or do u think he is overrated and isnt particuarly talented?

ReputationRep:
    His more famous songs are fine. I don't think his songs have meaning though, he is, after all, just an act.

ReputationRep:
    I saw an interview with him and was struck by the fact that he just seems to be putting on a total act.

Don't really like his type of music, but the fact he's a fraud IMO just makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    No. Do 'u'?

ReputationRep:
    No, next question.

No I don't.. his image puts me off a bit.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm not 13.

ReputationRep:
    He's ok, used to like him a lot more when i was younger tho.

ReputationRep:
    No -

And if anyone knows anything about my music taste - Nine Inch Nails - You know why :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    I saw an interview with him and was struck by the fact that he just seems to be putting on a total act.

Don't really like his type of music, but the fact he's a fraud IMO just makes it worse.
    Yes but a lot of artists, be they metal, rock, R 'n' B or Pop, put on an act. Its all just an image. Christina Aguilera doesnt REALLY go out in just her knickers. Snoop Dogg has a wife and kids, he doesnt REALLY surround himself with *****es :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never liked him.

ReputationRep:
    No I dont.

No I don't like him or his music.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Yes but a lot of artists, be they metal, rock, R 'n' B or Pop, put on an act. Its all just an image. Christina Aguilera doesnt REALLY go out in just her knickers. Snoop Dogg has a wife and kids, he doesnt REALLY surround himself with *****es :p:
    But neither of those take their acts to quite extreme lengths and are quite so obviously fake. Snoop has settled down now, but at one point he was certainly living the high life so to speak.

He's just a clown that's not to be taken seriously IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone say Cradle of Filth are similarly extreme? Because I love that band - but hate MM

Manson:
    http://www.photoshoppix.com/modules/...ne_simmons.jpg

Cradle of Filth:
    http://www.gothtronic.com/Goth/img_/...icial_new.jpeg

???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    Would anyone say Cradle of Filth are similarly extreme? Because I love that band - but hate MM

Manson:
    http://www.photoshoppix.com/modules/...ne_simmons.jpg

Cradle of Filth:
    http://www.gothtronic.com/Goth/img_/...icial_new.jpeg

???
    Yes, they are quite weird-looking indeed! :yep:

In terms of general on-stage madness, give me gg allin any day over manson..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    Yes, they are quite weird-looking indeed! :yep:

In terms of general on-stage madness, give me gg allin any day over manson..
    Indeed :yy: Cool stuff

ReputationRep:
    no.. i'm not into his music and his whole image (well the stories i've heard) creeps me out :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad Trent Reznor of NIN had sense enough to tell him to F off after he'd helped create the ungrateful *******.

His music isn't much kop anywho, so hopefully he'll fade into obscurity

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.