Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to retake Language B HL orals - both the class based one and external? And would you have to pay extra?

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to do so???

ReputationRep:
    i highly doubt it...

Even if I switched schools?

ReputationRep:
    I think you would have to retake the entire course. As I recall, you can get your IAs moderated, but not completely re-do them.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by retaking the entire course?

(Original post by Rainfaery)
    I think you would have to retake the entire course. As I recall, you can get your IAs moderated, but not completely re-do them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinhans31)
    what do you mean by retaking the entire course?
    Like, you would have to sit through an entire year/two years of courses, and in that way, you could redo the oral, and retake the exam.

ReputationRep:
    wellllllll.. I would say it's rather time-consuming.
    but... is there an alternative to re-do?

Like, you would have to sit through an entire year/two years of courses, and in that way, you could redo the oral, and retake the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinhans31)
    wellllllll.. I would say it's rather time-consuming.
    but... is there an alternative to re-do?
    You could ask to have your oral remarked.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. That's not an option as Orals are considered to be a part of IA
    You could ask to have your oral remarked.

Surely I could redo the orals if I resat the exam as well?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure... u know English IA is quite different from other subjects...
    For example, for maths investigation, all you need to re-do it and submit it, but in case of English oral, you need to interact with your teacher somehow...

(Original post by angel3)
    Surely I could redo the orals if I resat the exam as well?

Lol yeah, it's a bit more complicated to redo.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm going to retake my French B and my teacher has said that the oral must be done again and if the school says that you can redo your Language subject, they will surely help you with your oral too. It's all about I think 20 minutes, so if the teacher will give you that time, it will probably be no problems.

ReputationRep:
    well, it depends.
    If you re-take your exam in your school, then it might be much easier to do so cuz you already know your teacher and you've already done with him once, right?
    However, the problem ariese when you retake exam at other sch. I agree its best to re-take it at your previous sch, but you know we are IB-ers and thus are doomed to move all around the world
    Anyhow, that's good for u then

(Original post by Echerion)
    Hello! I'm going to retake my French B and my teacher has said that the oral must be done again and if the school says that you can redo your Language subject, they will surely help you with your oral too. It's all about I think 20 minutes, so if the teacher will give you that time, it will probably be no problems.

ReputationRep:
    Well, have you asked some school how the retaking oral works out? I don't think it'll be no problem, just the thing that you might self study on your own. I will just take my oral and the rest, I'm gonna learn myself.

No not yet, I'm still waiting for the remark result ... but I know German won't go up (I'd need 86% for a 7!) ... But I'm sure I could do it in another school as well, if I talked to their IBC. As you said, it's only an extra 20 mins ... Good luck with yours, Echerion!

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.