anastasia666
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I'm in year 12 and new to the country so I'm a little confused about predicted grades and early entry to, say, Oxford, which I'm hoping to go to.
If I got predicted grades of, say, AAA, this goes on my application, right?
So even if my actual A Level results were something like A*A*A* or BBB, it wouldn't matter, because they only look at my predicted grades?? If so that's really unfair
Sorry if I sound like an imbecile, I just have no idea. Please help!!
priv4tenickname
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They will most likely give you conditional offer, this means you will be admitted if you meet the grades they tell you. On results day in August, you will receive your grades and send them. In case you don't meet them, they will decide whether you will be admitted or not.
hannychica
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, your predicted grades will go on your application. But they use your predictions to determine how likely you are to meet their standard offer. They won’t offer you a place just on predicted grades.

The standard offer as far as I know (someone please correct me if I’m wrong) is at least A*AA. You won’t get in with BBB.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anastasia666)
early entry to, say, Oxford,
If you expect to get into Oxford early, without having actually achieved the actual grades required, think again.
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The next application round for undergraduates at Oxford will be that with a deadline of October 2020 and entry in Autumn 2021.

If you are taking A2s this summer, you will be able to apply in October with your achieved grades. If those achieved grades meet the subject minimum, you'll have a good chance of getting an interview.

If you aren't taking your A2s until summer 2021, you'll be applying with predicted grades. As you suggest, if those predictions do not meet the subject minimum, you are unlikely to get an interview. In that case, if you want to go to uni in 2021, you will need to apply to another uni. Alternatively, you could plan a gap year and apply with your achieved grades for entry in 2022.
anastasia666
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by OxFossil)
The next application round for undergraduates at Oxford will be that with a deadline of October 2020 and entry in Autumn 2021.

If you are taking A2s this summer, you will be able to apply in October with your achieved grades. If those achieved grades meet the subject minimum, you'll have a good chance of getting an interview.

If you aren't taking your A2s until summer 2021, you'll be applying with predicted grades. As you suggest, if those predictions do not meet the subject minimum, you are unlikely to get an interview. In that case, if you want to go to uni in 2021, you will need to apply to another uni. Alternatively, you could plan a gap year and apply with your achieved grades for entry in 2022.
ah okay I think I understand. thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (352)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (278)
44.13%

Watched Threads