Turn on thread page Beta

She's dead. My best friend is dead. My mum is lying. She's not really dead, she's still in hospital I know it. She can't be dead. She can't be. Someone tell me this isn't real.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get through this. Losing a good friend is always hard

Sorry..

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Sounds like you're in shock. Go sit with someone. Your mum/whoever. Being alone right now = probably bad.

ReputationRep:
    close your eyes or have a shower..

there's not much we can say

ReputationRep:
    awww omg your going through denial stage, its gonna be hard, talk to your mum dont keep it bottled in

ReputationRep:
    *Hug*
    I don't know what to say. When I lost one of my best friends to cancer I thought the world had stopped but you will get through it no matter how hard it seems. I still think about her even now. Don't be afraid to cry or scream or shout to let it all out, just try to release the numbness if you can.
    All the best. I'm sorry, PM me if you want to talk.

ReputationRep:
    I felt just like this when my friend died a month ago. I second what daniel250121 says about talking to your mum about it, or someone who you feel you can open up to. Perhaps a mutual friend?

Please PM me if you want to talk, it's so important that you can get things off your chest
    xxx.

ReputationRep:
    I'll remember her and you in my prayers.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

What you seem to be experiencing is Denial, the first of the 5 stages of grief. There is no single way to grieve. Everyone is different and each person grieves in his or her own way.

The stages are:

1. Denial and Isolation
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance

It's important that you communicate with your family and close friends and lean on a support network to help you. However some people cannot cope with the grieving process and it's then that you need to seek outside help. Some find it impossible to acknowledge the bereavement at all, which can mean that their feelings aren't worked through properly. There is no right or wrong way to feel.

If you would like to speak to someone about what you're going through, try the below:

Cruse Bereavement Care
    0870 167 1677
    www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk

National Association of Bereavement Services
    020 7709 0505
    020 7709 9090 (helpline)

Understanding bereavement
    www.mind.org.uk

ReputationRep:
    You poor thing. This must be horrible for you. I don't know what to say.

It's going to be a tough time and you're going to find that you won't believe it for a long time. You do need to talk to someone. Don't go through this on your own.

ReputationRep:
    how did she die?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry Talking to someone will help

ReputationRep:
    Its going to be hard as everyone else said youl have bad and good days. Some days will be hard but it will get better with time. You should talk to someone about it will help you.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are with you .

ReputationRep:
    OP, you are in shock. Go be with your family. Im so, so sorry.

My thoughts will be with you.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I'm feeling so numb and out of it. I don't know what to feel, think, do or say. I want this to all be a bad dream.

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*

I don't know what to say

But as previous posters have said - talk to someone if you can. And let it all out. If you feel you need to cry, cry. If you want to scream, scream. Punch your matress. Whatever you do, do NOT bottle it up.

Are you close to her family? If so, prehaps talk to them.

Remember the good times and treasure them.

*hugs again*

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Try not to spend too much time alone, and if you can, be with mutual friends so you can all cry together but talk about the good times. When my friend died I felt like I was in a dream world for about a week, and it didn't really sink in until the funeral. But, you can and will get through this. It won't stop hurting, but it does get better, I promise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.