The Student Room Group

Need advice for A Level sciences

Hello! I'll be appearing for AS Level Maths, Chemistry and Physics in the upcoming session.
So far my performance in Chemistry and Physics has not been good, and now I'll do anything to improve myself in these two subjects.
Can I get some useful tips on how to get good in these two subjects? Also, I didn't make any notes yet, and I think that starting that now might waste time. So, do you think that it's okay to study from the book referred by the exam board only, or should I make notes now too? It's only for AS, as CIE exam board still allows us to appear in AS seperately.
Thanks
For physics I think Isaac physics is good for practice questions, I would recommend using physics and maths tutor for practice questions, you could always watch YouTube for things you don’t understand, I don’t do those subjects at a level so I’m not sure how else I can help, good luck 😊
Reply 2
You are literally doing my same subjects. Right now it’s the right time to start revision. Don’t waste time! Yes take notes especially for chemistry. And do lots of past questions even from different exam boards to make sure u get used to different types of questions, obviously you will find the ones that u can’t do but that’s because of different topics sometimes. If you can’t understand something do ask you teacher don’t be shy. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest