The Student Room Group

HELP With decision making - (MBA) Bath, Lancaster, Strathclyde, Leeds, Birmingham

Hi guys,

I'm an international student with marketing and public relation background who decided to start my 2020 MBA journey, I've applied for a couple of different schools and to be honest, I'm having difficulty prioritising offers. And that's the reason why I'm shouting out for your help, which I sincerely appreciate it. :smile::smile:

I'm listing my current offers as below, hopefully, you can help to prioritise them regarding your understanding of their business school background, practical focus, reputation..etc and share some feedback:

1. Bath (with scholarship)
2. Lancaster (with scholarship)
3. Strathclyde (still need to apply for a scholarship)
4. Leeds (with scholarship)
5. Birmingham (still need to apply for a scholarship)
*Edingburgh (Waiting for interview notification)

I'm planning to work in the UK after graduation since there will be 2 years working visa available. After that, I'd search for working opportunities in Singapore. Let me know what you guys think! Big thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by vacancy0513
Hi guys,

I'm an international student with marketing and public relation background who decided to start my 2020 MBA journey, I've applied for a couple of different schools and to be honest, I'm having difficulty prioritising offers. And that's the reason why I'm shouting out for your help, which I sincerely appreciate it. :smile::smile:

I'm listing my current offers as below, hopefully, you can help to prioritise them regarding your understanding of their business school background, practical focus, reputation..etc and share some feedback:

1. Bath (with scholarship)
2. Lancaster (with scholarship)
3. Strathclyde (still need to apply for a scholarship)
4. Leeds (with scholarship)
5. Birmingham (still need to apply for a scholarship)
*Edingburgh (Waiting for interview notification)

I'm planning to work in the UK after graduation since there will be 2 years working visa available. After that, I'd search for working opportunities in Singapore. Let me know what you guys think! Big thanks in advance :smile:

To be honest, none of these business schools really stand out. They are more or less the same. If you aren’t aiming for LBS, Warwick, Oxbridge or CASS then just go with the cheapest option. Have you also looked into Cranfield? It’s fantastic for MBAs
Reply 2
Original post by Hakz
To be honest, none of these business schools really stand out. They are more or less the same. If you aren’t aiming for LBS, Warwick, Oxbridge or CASS then just go with the cheapest option. Have you also looked into Cranfield? It’s fantastic for MBAs

Thanks for your reply :smile: Well... I understand Cranfield is an awesome place to have MBA, yet I did not apply for those universities because of other concern like their tuition fee/cost of living are more expensive, and GMAT is required for all of them. (I've took the test once and that's why I understand how many time and money I will need to spend on just taking the test)So actually I'm trying to have the best decision make between these choices.
Reply 3
Original post by vacancy0513
Thanks for your reply :smile: Well... I understand Cranfield is an awesome place to have MBA, yet I did not apply for those universities because of other concern like their tuition fee/cost of living are more expensive, and GMAT is required for all of them. (I've took the test once and that's why I understand how many time and money I will need to spend on just taking the test)So actually I'm trying to have the best decision make between these choices.

Okay I fully understand. Have you also checked out Manchester business school? Please have a look and see if they aren't asking for too much.

Out of the above institutions, I'd opt for the cheapest out of the first 4 or wait for a reply from Edinburgh before making a decision. In terms of worldwide recognition, it goes Edinburgh > Birmingham/Leeds > Bath > Lancaster > Strathclyde. Funny enough, Strathclyde arguably has the best business school. However, an MBA form any these business schools should be fine.

In your case, I'd base my decision on which works out to be in the cheapest once the scholarship is factored in.

Good luck my friend.
Reply 4
Original post by Hakz
Okay I fully understand. Have you also checked out Manchester business school? Please have a look and see if they aren't asking for too much.

Out of the above institutions, I'd opt for the cheapest out of the first 4 or wait for a reply from Edinburgh before making a decision. In terms of worldwide recognition, it goes Edinburgh > Birmingham/Leeds > Bath > Lancaster > Strathclyde. Funny enough, Strathclyde arguably has the best business school. However, an MBA form any these business schools should be fine.

In your case, I'd base my decision on which works out to be in the cheapest once the scholarship is factored in.

Good luck my friend

Thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending