The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reblet
Not those I know. Ask them to go on holiday somewhere exotic and they want to know where they can plug in their straighteners. Ask them to play a contact sport and they worry about breaking their noses. Ugly people have less to lose so are less risk averse IMO. If I looked like a movie star I'd keep myself wrapped up in cotton wool and never do anything to endanger my looks :smile: Plus I hate how much time pretty people spend preening. I'd much rather be doing something other than looking in a mirror haha.

I don't know to what extent I agree with you, but you made me laugh. :biggrin:
Reply 121
belle654
Some of these things i really want though, and its really sad to think i might never get married or have a nice partner or any children:frown:

Meh. You're not that hideous...

:wink: Correct response to fishing.
Reply 122
Aconite
He's more than a looker. He's the best. Google him (put in "Steff James Spader" for pics of Pretty In Pink, he was just gorgeous) and join me in my adoration of James!

I just did and found these nice photos.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photos/uncategorized/jamespader.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/spadersgirl/Pretty05.jpg

Have you got a James Spader apprecation society going on? lol
Free contraceptive?
Reply 124
some people can be ok and very very very insecure.
Reply 125
You can get super drunk and no one tries to take you back to their place?
Reply 126
princess1729
You're taken seriously. Hot girls are too busy thinking about getting their nails done or their next outfit to have intelligent thoughts.

That is absolutely correct. It's not as if there have ever been any attractive girls at good universities.
Reply 127
Becksy
I just did and found these nice photos.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photos/uncategorized/jamespader.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/spadersgirl/Pretty05.jpg

Have you got a James Spader apprecation society going on? lol

I'm thinking about setting one up, actually.

At the moment I just appreciate him by myself. I even think he's super fantastic amazing hot when he's fat and old in Boston Legal.
Reply 128
Also, you can humiliate any of your ex bfs/gfs by spreading it around that they used to date a minger like you
Aconite
That is absolutely correct. It's not as if there have ever been any attractive girls at good universities.

Can not one be at a good university without necessarily being very intelligent? But, hey, that's OT. :p:
Reply 130
jismith1989
I don't know to what extent I agree with you, but you made me laugh. :biggrin:

Go oooon, agree with me :wink:

If you look at a lot of the participants in contact sports they're not usually oil paintings (yes there are some lovely ones!) BUT by being involved in them they build a great body and develop the inexplicable charm of sportsmen...

When you see pictures of charity/aid workers out in dangerous zones in the world over half the time they're not conventionally "beautiful". Beautiful people often get very self-involved and cannot help but want to maintain their beauty. Thus putting it in danger in any way either by damaging it or not being able to maintain it is abhorrent to them. Although it does depend on the level of beauty: Natural beauties are relaxed about that sort of thing (i.e. Angelia Jolie travels the world quite happily) BUT lots of girls these days are high maintenance beauties... take them away from fake tan, straightners and false nails and they're pretty much average...
Rouge
Also, you can humiliate any of your ex bfs/gfs by spreading it around that they used to date a minger like you

I like your thinking. :p:
Reply 132
jismith1989
Can not one be at a good university without necessarily being very intelligent? But, hey, that's OT. :p:

Let's put it this way. There have never, ever been any good looking girls at Oxford, have there?
Reply 133
QI Elf
If you never get a boy/girlfriend etc you are saved from the pain if the relationship fails

You can study harder when you are single so get better grades so ultimately get a better job (usually) in the end

You can do what you want without having to worry about what your other half will think etc

You are not felt up in clubs which can be unpleasant

You are not wolf whistled in the street which can be embrassing

People will look deeper into and see what a lovely person you are inside (if indeed you are) rather than just judging you by looks and being superficial

If you are verry ugly, never marry and have children then if you are a woman you are saved from the pain of child birth and for both men and women saved from the often financial burden placed upon by children. Also if you are a woman your body won't be wrecked by carrying a child and having it feed on your boobs soooo less likely to have a saggy tummy and boobies so you may end up prettier than other more attractive people who have had childen, especially as parent's of young children are often sleep deprived and so as a result could have bags under their eyes.

I don't know about this. I have come to the conclusion over the years that if you are ugly or an arsehole, you are MORE likely to end up married with kids. The number of times Ive witnessed the most undeserving, horrid people who have still found someone who wants them. And I just think How? Why?. Its always seems like the most nicest of people remain alone or let down, its just so unjustified . They do say all is fair in love and war :rolleyes:
The way I see it, whether you're ugly or not it'll only get worse with age! Enjoy being ugly without wrinkles, surely that's better than being ugly with wrinkles?
Reblet
Go oooon, agree with me :wink:

If you look at a lot of the participants in contact sports they're not usually oil paintings (yes there are some lovely ones!) BUT by being involved in them they build a great body and develop the inexplicable charm of sportsmen...

When you see pictures of charity/aid workers out in dangerous zones in the world over half the time they're not conventionally "beautiful". Beautiful people often get very self-involved and cannot help but want to maintain their beauty. Thus putting it in danger in any way either by damaging it or not being able to maintain it is abhorrent to them. Although it does depend on the level of beauty: Natural beauties are relaxed about that sort of thing (i.e. Angelia Jolie travels the world quite happily) BUT lots of girls these days are high maintenance beauties... take them away from fake tan, straightners and false nails and they're pretty much average...

Most of the participants in contact sports are not oil paintings because they take part in contact sports -- broken noses, ribs and wherever else. :eek:

I will agree with you that beautiful people tend to be less altruistic though; they get a lot of attention and so have over-inflated self-importance. I don't think it's necessarily because they don't want to break a nail, just that they tend to have the compassion of a common toad. If it wasn't almost 2AM, I'd begin a diatribe regarding the congenital disease of individualism in Western culture. But, rest assured, I won't...

And yes, I'll agree with you. But only because you're beautiful. :p:
From an evolutionary standpoint it would make sense that there are advantages to being ugly because ugly people still feature very promintently in our society. If being beautiful was that strong a biological advantage we would all be beautiful. So probably the advantage of being ugly is that you provide a potential mate for other ugly people.
Reply 137
jismith1989
I don't think it's necessarily because they don't want to break a nail, just that they tend to have the compassion of a common toad.

You're bitter as ****, aren't you? Nothing of what anyone is saying is making any sense. I'm just going to get out of this thread now, as it's clearly becoming nothing more than a hysterical cesspit of broken dreams and chips on shoulders large enough to feed small African countries for decades.
Aconite
Let's put it this way. There have never, ever been any good looking girls at Oxford, have there?

Of course intelligence and beauty and not mutually exclusive. But I would agree with the original poster that there tends to be a link between ugliness and intelligence. There are, however, many other factors.

And just because one has A*s crawling out of one's ear sockets and managed to get into Oxford, doesn't necessarily mean that one is intelligent. Of course, after studying at Oxford one most probably will be. However, that's getting off the topic of ugly people slightly!
Reply 139
jismith1989
Most of the participants in contact sports are not oil paintings because they take part in contact sports -- broken noses, ribs and wherever else. :eek:

I will agree with you that beautiful people tend to be less altruistic though; they get a lot of attention and so have over-inflated self-importance. I don't think it's necessarily because they don't want to break a nail, just that they tend to have the compassion of a common toad. If it wasn't almost 2AM, I'd begin a diatribe regarding the congenital disease of individualism in Western culture. But, rest assured, I won't...

And yes, I'll agree with you. But only because you're beautiful. :p:

You're only agreeing to create a paradox because I want to be happy you agree with me but then you've given a superficial (and false!) reason for agreeing with me so I can't really accept that you do...

And to the Oxbridge talk - you're absolutely right... all intelligent women are ugly. Lily Cole? Eurgh... Emma Watson... Frightful! God I hate pretty and clever girls. You shouldn't be able to have both :no:

darwin says NO!

Latest

Trending

Trending