Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    You're bitter as ****, aren't you? Nothing of what anyone is saying is making any sense. I'm just going to get out of this thread now, as it's clearly becoming nothing more than a hysterical cesspit of broken dreams and chips on shoulders large enough to feed small African countries for decades.
    I've been told oh so many times that I have packets of McCain's oven fries on my shoulders. And maybe I do, but just because I'm a proletarian ugly ****, doesn't mean that I can't hate the rest of you ****ers! :p:

Ahem. To recapitulate, I don't see anything wrong with saying that beautiful people tend to lack compassion. I'm not suggesting that they all do; just that there is somewhat of a correlation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reblet)
    You're only agreeing to create a paradox because I want to be happy you agree with me but then you've given a superficial (and false!) reason for agreeing with me so I can't really accept that you do...

And to the Oxbridge talk - you're absolutely right... all intelligent women are ugly. Lily Cole? Eurgh... Emma Watson... Frightful! God I hate pretty and clever girls. You shouldn't be able to have both :no:

darwin says NO!
    I wasn't altogether lying, actually; you look rather imposing in your photo.

Ah, sarcasm, the sanctum of the cornered. :p:

I'd get into a discussion about other issues, but I'll just be told that I've got a chip on my shoulder, so to that end, I won't. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    I've been told oh so many times that I have packets of McCain's oven fries on my shoulders. And maybe I do, but just because I'm a proletarian ugly ****, doesn't mean that I can't hate the rest of you ****ers! :p:

Ahem. To recapitulate, I don't see anything wrong with saying that beautiful people tend to lack compassion. I'm not suggesting that they all do; just that there is somewhat of a correlation.
    I don't think you can generalize that beautiful people lack compassion, maybe they lack compassion towards the plight of being ugly, because they haven't experienced it, but that's the same way a rich person might lack compassion for poor people, all a healthy person who's never been ill might not have as much compassion or empathy for ill people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    I wasn't altogether lying, actually; you look rather imposing in your photo.

Ah, sarcasm, the sanctum of the cornered. :p:

I'd get into a discussion about other issues, but I'll just be told that I've got a chip on my shoulder, so to that end, I won't. :woo:
    Imposing... another word for scary? :p: Good old over-sized sunnies hide a host of defects haha.

Everyone has chips on their shoulders over somethings. I personally dislike all girls who own more than three pairs of hair straighteners, eat nothing but lettuce and try and steal people's boyfriends... haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    I don't think you can generalize that beautiful people lack compassion, maybe they lack compassion towards the plight of being ugly, because they haven't experienced it, but that's the same way a rich person might lack compassion for poor people, all a healthy person who's never been ill might not have as much compassion or empathy for ill people
    Indeed. I'm merely saying that as they will presumably have encountered less prejudice and bias, they may not be empathetic towards people who have. I'm not saying that all beautiful people salute Hitler and stomp on 3-month-old children here. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    I lack compassion for the stupid... What does that make me?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this has already been suggested, but ugly people might actually get more, because people will show more of an interest in them, seeing them as more "gettable" or "easy" if you will... Unless you're out-of-this-world ugly, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    If you never get a boy/girlfriend etc you are saved from the pain if the relationship fails
    Yes but you'll have the endless pain of being a virgin all your life and wondering what a relationship is actually like...you claim to be intelligent, in which case you'll be curious...a curiousity you will never overcome because you are ugly...

You can study harder when you are single so get better grades so ultimately get a better job (usually) in the end
    You can easily study hard when in a relationship if you're of the right mindset in the first place, the fact you're considering suicide from being so ugly could well hinder your progress, also the ugly will be discriminated against in job interviews, plus not all ugly people are intelligent and likewise not all intelligent people are ugly...

You can do what you want without having to worry about what your other half will think etc
    If you're in decent relationship you can do that anyway...

You are not felt up in clubs which can be unpleasant
    You will be because after 8 pints even ugly girls seem attractive :lol: that's if you even get into the club, you've seen kevin and perry right...

You are not wolf whistled in the street which can be embrassing
    Instead you have stuff thrown at you as people shout quasimodo at you...

People will look deeper into and see what a lovely person you are inside (if indeed you are) rather than just judging you by looks and being superficial
    No they won't, they'll see you're ugly and think hmm run away...then see a pretty girl and think hmm I'll look deeper and see what a lovely person you are...not to mention the fact you're assuming all ugly girls are "lovely" most are bitter...

If you are verry ugly, never marry and have children then if you are a woman you are saved from the pain of child birth and for both men and women saved from the often financial burden placed upon by children.
    You will marry and have children...it'll just be with an ugly guy, think the grinch for example! IF you don't you'll suffer from the pain of not having a child yourself and if you deny this it's because you are bitter...

Also if you are a woman your body won't be wrecked by carrying a child and having it feed on your boobs soooo less likely to have a saggy tummy and boobies so you may end up prettier than other more attractive people who have had childen, especially as parent's of young children are often sleep deprived and so as a result could have bags under their eyes.
    Firstly, if you're ugly people aren't going to even check whether you're boobs are saggy or not...not to mention the fact you will be suffering from a major lack of self-esteem and loneliness leading you to feast on junk food and become fat anyway! As for the bags under your eyes...you'll have plenty of those from being hit in the face by objects that are launched at you for being so ugly.

ReputationRep:
    i think it all turned rather nasty. i never asked anyone to take the time to go to my name and view profile. Its not like a picture is in front of you like facebook. i was merely making an innocent comment. then get horribly attacked accused of fishing for nice comments. My ex bf told me i had 'declined' over the last 3 years , this and with other similar comment can lead people to be very insecure about the way they look. il remove my picture

ReputationRep:
    Imposing... another word for scary? :p: Good old over-sized sunnies hide a host of defects haha.

Everyone has chips on their shoulders over somethings. I personally dislike all girls who own more than three pairs of hair straighteners, eat nothing but lettuce and try and steal people's boyfriends... haha.
    Imposing is one of those wonderful double-edged words: you can have people misconstruing your every word if you try hard enough! But honestly, I was using it in a very positive way. You have an air of romance and adventure about you in your pic; or maybe I'm just over-analysing at this late hour.

In all honesty, I'm proud of my shoulder chips. In fact, it's more of a fracture than a chip; a break even.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belle654)
    i think it all turned rather nasty. i never asked anyone to take the time to go to my name and view profile. Its not like a picture is in front of you like facebook. i was merely making an innocent comment. then get horribly attacked accused of fishing for nice comments. My ex bf told me i had 'declined' over the last 3 years , this and with other similar comment can lead people to be very insecure about the way they look. il remove my picture
    No, please don't. Ignore them. It was obvious you weren't fishing for compliments: it's just that people see how good-looking you are, and assume the worst. But they shouldn't. :no:

And, for the record, I am glad that he is your ex-boyfriend. He sounds pathetic. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I lack compassion for the stupid... What does that make me?
    that makes you fat, obviously!

ReputationRep:
    What a prat. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    I'm thinking about setting one up, actually.

At the moment I just appreciate him by myself. I even think he's super fantastic amazing hot when he's fat and old in Boston Legal.
    Hmm, well I just looked at some pictures of him in Boston Legal and I don't think he looks fat but saying that he did look better when he was younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    that makes you fat, obviously!
    Ahhhh! I see now :p:

jismith I will start using imposing as a postive phrase then:
    "My that's an imposing pair of shoes Sophie!"
    "That was an imposing piece of television wasn't it?"
    "He had imposing facial hair, like a Grecian warrior."

ReputationRep:
    You're hot...ignore him he's a muppet...one for the **** bank certainly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    i was aware of that :yep: :p:

i second the notion of 'ugly' people being taken less seriously than the more attractive, which is a shame. well it would be a shame the other way around too. bah, i hate the whole idea of ugliness.
    Hitler, Stalin, Franco, Mussolini... Not good looking guys by any stretch of the imagination.. yet people seemed to take them seriously. See - there is a way to overcome ugliness - show that confidence and exuberance as demonstrated by the above fine fellows - I bet they got all the ladies :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh! I see now :p:

jismith I will start using imposing as a postive phrase then:
    "My that's an imposing pair of shoes Sophie!"
    "That was an imposing piece of television wasn't it?"
    "He had imposing facial hair, like a Grecian warrior."
    Of course, do; in a 1920s BBC/Oxbridge accent, preferably. It's a synonym for stunning, so my imaginary thesaurus tells me.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think attractiveness can be that massive an issue- but im younge and yet to really adventure in the "real world". I think that -to and extent- being picked on etc has helped many people- this year Ive lost six stone because some one called me chubby, and whilst no one has directly mentioned it Im gonna focus on whitening my teeth before starting 6th form.

I dont have a Mccain on my shoulder (If I did- I would of ate it ) but I am lacking self esteem, but Im climbing my way out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucho22)
    Hitler, Stalin, Franco, Mussolini... Not good looking guys by any stretch of the imagination.. yet people seemed to take them seriously. See - there is a way to overcome ugliness - show that confidence and exuberance as demonstrated by the above fine fellows - I bet they got all the ladies :p:
    Mussolin aside, the ladies go wild for the moustachioed dictators. All that hair-suffused testosterone is enough to loosen the tightest of underwear...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.