The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature Paper 1 and 2 Revision and Study Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoeAmo15
I have my mock on Wednesday. English lit paper 2. Inspector Calls and power and Conflict poems. Anyone else

What were the questions again?
Original post by Khnz
Anyone doing blood brothers, Romeo and Juliet or a Christmas carol. :smile:

I've got Romeo and Juliet, DNA and Jekyll and Hyde
Hey, does anyone mind taking a look at my Macbeth essay, please?
Original post by 5hyl33n
If you guys need any help, feel free to PM me. I got an A* in English Lit at GCSE last year.

These are the texts I studied:
- A Christmas Carol
- Macbeth
- Short Stories
- Poetry - Love and Relationships
- Unseen poetry

Exam board: AQA

Good luck with your GCSE’s guys!

How did you make revision notes on macbeth and revised the quotes by heart?

:smile:
Original post by kittyfifi123456
How did you make revision notes on macbeth and revised the quotes by heart?

:smile:

I made posters on quotes and stuck them on my bedroom walls with blu-tack. I even stuck them inside my cupboard doors!

In terms of revision notes, I used to just write essays and read articles on Macbeth online and implement their wording in my essays.

The best way is to write a quote in the middle of a page and write annotations on a post-it note and stick them on the piece of paper. Take a post-it note off when you know the annotation off by heart.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I made posters on quotes and stuck them on my bedroom walls with blu-tack. I even stuck them inside my cupboard doors!

In terms of revision notes, I used to just write essays and read articles on Macbeth online and implement their wording in my essays.

The best way is to write a quote in the middle of a page and write annotations on a post-it note and stick them on the piece of paper. Take a post-it note off when you know the annotation off by heart.

Thank you so much for your advice!!

I'm going to start doing that as I only have 2 months left...

Also i'm stryggling on analysing this quote..

'Come, thick night and pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell that my keen knife see not the wound it makes nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark, To cry 'Hold, hold!

Do you have any suggestions?
Original post by kittyfifi123456
Thank you so much for your advice!!

I'm going to start doing that as I only have 2 months left...

Also i'm stryggling on analysing this quote..

'Come, thick night and pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell that my keen knife see not the wound it makes nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark, To cry 'Hold, hold!

Do you have any suggestions?

By ‘thick night’ Lady Macbeth is ordering for her actions to be covered.

The purpose of this line is to demonstrate that she knows what she is supposed to do is morally reprehensible and she knows she will struggle because of it, thereby asking that she see not what she does so she can go through with it.

However, little does she realise that her actions will become a prime example to convey the horrible things guilt can do to you. In this case, the horrible thing is her death.
I’m struggling to get my essays more than a band 4 or 5!! Anyone have any tips into getting into band 6? I do a Christmas Carol, R+J, Animal farm and love and relationships poetry :smile:
Original post by olivia_staerck
yes! i’m doing r+j, a xmas carol and an inspector calls

i'm doing all 3 exact same
Original post by Khnz
Anyone doing blood brothers, Romeo and Juliet or a Christmas carol. :smile:

yes im doing Romeo and Juliet why? what do you want to know ooo and inspector calls
Reply 110
Original post by GCSE exams :(
yes im doing Romeo and Juliet why? what do you want to know ooo and inspector calls

Dont need to do know them anymore. Due to exams being cancelled.
Original post by Khnz
Dont need to do know them anymore. Due to exams being cancelled.

that is so true how are people feeling with not doing there exans im doing gcse there going of my mocks
Reply 112
Original post by GCSE exams :(
that is so true how are people feeling with not doing there exans im doing gcse there going of my mocks

My mocks and assessments are alright, but my history assessments have been **** so ikr that my history teacher will mark me down from a 7 to a 5, but it's ok coz I'm not taking history at a level anyways
have u studied dna by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending