Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed 1st year at Man Uni. I have to resit ten exams!!!. :eek: I'm thinking of packing the whole thing in. Just don't know what the hell to do next - Help!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was at Man Uni, i dropped out in December, at least you lasted the whole year mate.

Can you retake the whole year? What course are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnie5)
    I've just completed 1st year at Man Uni. I have to resit ten exams!!!. :eek: I'm thinking of packing the whole thing in. Just don't know what the hell to do next - Help!:confused:
    i am sorry to hear that, you have to ask yourself a few questions
    a) do you enjoy your course?
    b)why did you fail your degree
    c) do you think you can do first year again
    d) is it better to cut your losses?

to be honest, to have failed that many modules it must have been something major. i hope you decide to give it a retry, or you will think "what if..."

best of luckx

ReputationRep:
    Mate, how the heck did you manage do you **** up so badly?

I basically partied all year, and went to 2 lectures in the whole year and still passed (not to rub it in, of course)

ReputationRep:
    if you dropout what will you do is what you should ask yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I was hungover on the day of the last exam aswell, with little or no revision done (not to rub it in, of course).

ReputationRep:
    I left my first year at uni over xmas because i was simply not enjoying it. I swapped onto a totally different course (chemistry to computer science). I've just finished my first year of computer science with good marks and i love it. Maybe its not the degree for you.

(Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    i am sorry to hear that, you have to ask yourself a few questions
    a) do you enjoy your course?
    b)why did you fail your degree
    c) do you think you can do first year again
    d) is it better to cut your losses?

to be honest, to have failed that many modules it must have been something major. i hope you decide to give it a retry, or you will think "what if..."

best of luckx
    Yea I agree too.

Best of luck with whatever your next move will be.

ReputationRep:
    First off: 10 resits = ouch. What course are you doing just out of interest?

Few points to think about

1. What was your mark for the year and does your first year count? You should be aware that (well, in physics anyway), the resits are there only so you get the credits to progress to next year - your original marks are the ones that count towards your grade. If your first year doesnt count, this shouldn't be a problem though.

2. Do you realistically think you can pass all your resits

3. Do you enjoy your course? Would repeating a year be an option uni would let you do?

ReputationRep:
    I do have to wonder how it went THAT wrong. Still, you should either attempt to retake them again or switch to another course starting from scratch.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    No more off-topic crap please. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    How did I **** up so badly? The social side of Uni I did take FULL advantage of, Missed a few lectures (the usual stuff) and to be honest, I think I went into this particular course without giving it enough real thought (Geog with Geol) Have decided to look for a job. Maybe in a few years I will go back and KNOW what I want to do.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yea so if you don't like the subject, it's best just to take a break and start over.

ReputationRep:
    How did I **** up so badly? The social side of Uni I did take FULL advantage of, Missed a few lectures (the usual stuff) and to be honest, I think I went into this particular course without giving it enough real thought (Geog with Geol) Have decided to look for a job. Maybe in a few years I will go back and KNOW what I want to do.:confused:
    Sounds fair enough. Good luck anyway

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.