The Student Room Group

How the hell do you revise for geo alevel? And answer questions?

I do aqa. Geography is okay for now but I just revise by reading and rereading my mind maps. I know I have to answer questions but I’m very weak at 20 markers and don’t know a good structure that follows the spec. For those who are wise and have knowledge of this please share your wisdom!
I do edexcel but maybe this can help! I structure my twenty markers like this:
Introduction - start off defining a key word in the question. Introduce case studies in name (not in detail).
Paragraph 1 - Case study 1 in detail
Paragraph 2 - HOWever, case study 2 in detail
Paragraph 3 - compare case studies 1 & 2 (patterns, differences, what does this prove?)
Paragraph 4 - conclusion

I know this is a basic lay out but it's worked for me!

For Geog revision I use seneca (they have geography aqa on there btw)
Original post by SoftGingerCat
I do edexcel but maybe this can help! I structure my twenty markers like this:
Introduction - start off defining a key word in the question. Introduce case studies in name (not in detail).
Paragraph 1 - Case study 1 in detail
Paragraph 2 - HOWever, case study 2 in detail
Paragraph 3 - compare case studies 1 & 2 (patterns, differences, what does this prove?)
Paragraph 4 - conclusion

I know this is a basic lay out but it's worked for me!

For Geog revision I use seneca (they have geography aqa on there btw)

😭😭😭😭Wow thank you so much you are literally a blessing!!! During exams I have trouble with timings so when I end up on my 20 marker I get confused and don’t know where to start and what to do next thank you so much lifesaver!
Original post by ArtmisKco
😭😭😭😭Wow thank you so much you are literally a blessing!!! During exams I have trouble with timings so when I end up on my 20 marker I get confused and don’t know where to start and what to do next thank you so much lifesaver!

my example may not work for every question so if you find a question that doesn't fit, feel free to email me on here and I can give you some advice :biggrin: glad this helps xx
Original post by SoftGingerCat
my example may not work for every question so if you find a question that doesn't fit, feel free to email me on here and I can give you some advice :biggrin: glad this helps xx

Will do:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending