The Student Room Group

Tips to revise for Maths GCSE

So I flopped my maths mock...
I am working 3 grades below my target grade, now cause of this my predictions are obviously gonna go down again. Before the second mock, I wanna sort out my revision, so does anyone have any tips to revise for Maths (other than past papers).
Reply 1
Well, I definitely recommend going over topics that you have no idea about. Make flashcards, do practice questions or ask your maths teacher for help. Something else that is rather cool is that my maths teacher has actually made an instagram page where she posts maths questions on certain topics, now the page has only been around for a little while but she is happy to help with any maths related questions that you may have.
The instagram page is @formathssake.
Another good website is Corbettmaths, it has many videos on different topics and how to work them out, or you could always watch videos where people talk you through an exam paper, telling you how to work out questions (when you take time to look at different maths papers then you'll find that many question types are commonly used).
I hope this helps, I'm sorry if I've mentioned mock papers too much but you can never have too much practice :smile:
past papers are the best way to revise as you need to practice exam technique. flashcards are good for formulae and key stuff but other than that, not much else you can do than practice.

Quick Reply

Latest