Failed a part of my uni module. HELP

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I studied and prepared myself 3 weeks in advance for my business statistics exam. I am a first-year student. The pass rate for this exam was 40/100 and i got 24/100. I have never been more upset and disappointed! I went to all the lectures and seminars and felt so prepared. This exam was 50% of my whole module. Now I'm going to be put into groups depending on what grade you got. I have never studied so hard and still failed an exam this badly. I don't know what to do anymore.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I studied and prepared myself 3 weeks in advance for my business statistics exam. I am a first-year student. The pass rate for this exam was 40/100 and i got 24/100. I have never been more upset and disappointed! I went to all the lectures and seminars and felt so prepared. This exam was 50% of my whole module. Now I'm going to be put into groups depending on what grade you got. I have never studied so hard and still failed an exam this badly. I don't know what to do anymore.
Have you discussed your result with your lecturer? If you studied hard and put in all your effort yet still failed, you need guidance on where you went wrong.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Don't worry about it. Failing is a part of life.

Usually lecturers and course leaders are really good about it because they have a large amount of people failing. Remember university is a business, they want your money and they want to get you through your degree. They don't want you to fail and drop out and give them an awful review.

Go and speak to your lecturer or course leader. Explain what went wrong, how hard you worked and how much you want to be part of this course. Some courses will let you have an extension or a retake but capped at a certain amount.

If you are allowed a re-take and you fail a second time and you end up failing the year and having to leave, please remember there is no shame in failing or dropping out. Hundreds of people do it every year, sometimes university isn't for them. Sometimes it's too much of a step forward and they need to step back, try something else and then go back in a few years.

Maybe University isn't for you or you are just not at that level yet and that is okay, you won't be the only one.

Good luck and I hope you are successful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads