Turn on thread page Beta

they meet someone new... watch

ReputationRep:
    Right...
    im kinda angry so if this doesn't make sense sorry!
    but basically i was complaining of boredom to a friend and he said "sorry id offer for you to come round but iv met a new lass so it isn't right"
    but if were just friends why does he have to stop seeing me
    Okay we did have sex a few times obviously that cant happen, but basically it suggests that it was all about the sex for him and i'm hurt because i thought we were friends.....
    also he just randomly stops replying to msn messages now, like mid convocation he just stops replying...
    "gah" some guys are such arses!
    x

ReputationRep:
    If you have sex with a 'friend', I can see it skewing the relationship slightly. Would you like your boyfriend to have his friend who he has sex with staying at his house?

ReputationRep:
    correct me if i'm wrong but people who are just friends dont generally have sex..

sounds like he wanted the hanky panky but no emotional involvement.

although to counter your sweeping generalisation, chaps can sometimes be quite nice .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was thinking perhaps he was being unreasonable, until I got the part where you had sex with him a few times.
    It's fair enough, really. It's not nice for you, but it's fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it was all about the sex to be honest, considering what he said to you

ReputationRep:
    iv never stayed at his house, and never would, but he wont even meet up with me or aught now, i mean my ex still spoke to half the people he slept with, hell he still insists he wants me back but points out everyone he slept with since we split when he sees them in town
    i dont see how its that much of a problem for him to talk to me now....i duno maybe he did just want sex with no emotional stuff... i wouldnt care less if just pointed it out or just spoke to me, just seems rude...
    i mean iv had sex with a friend before, and he still manages to talk to me, and give me a lift home and stuff, and i know theres no emotions or aught there, were just friends, i havent even known him as long as the arsey bloke lol

they can be... just never the ones i get involved with.... lol
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoobla)
    Would you like your boyfriend to have his friend who he has sex with staying at his house?
    :ditto:

He's *just* met a new girl... And you want him to be put in the position where he's got to explain to a new person in his life that a former 'friend-with-benefits' is coming round for the night...
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    iv never stayed at his house, and never would, but he wont even meet up with me or aught now, i mean my ex still spoke to half the people he slept with, hell he still insists he wants me back but points out everyone he slept with since we split when he sees them in town
    i dont see how its that much of a problem for him to talk to me now....i duno maybe he did just want sex with no emotional stuff... i wouldnt care less if just pointed it out or just spoke to me, just seems rude...
    i mean iv had sex with a friend before, and he still manages to talk to me, and give me a lift home and stuff, and i know theres no emotions or aught there, were just friends, i havent even known him as long as the arsey bloke lol

they can be... just never the ones i get involved with.... lol
    x

(if iv posted this twice sorry but im having problems posting today )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    :ditto:

He's *just* met a new girl... And you want him to be put in the position where he's got to explain to a new person in his life that a former 'friend-with-benefits' is coming round for the night...
    :no:
    im not saying he has got to explain that..... but he wont even talk to me normally....like on msn .... sorry but that isnt difficult even if you hate someone msn convocations are easily done...

ReputationRep:
    It seems he no longer needs his **** buddy.

It's all right, he'll get back to you when she leaves him.

You just wait for that booty call.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I think you allowed yourself to be used.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of times, too...

ReputationRep:
    A bit unnecessary, guys.

ReputationRep:
    the relationship is prolly a bit weird from that sex. he's probably worried that if the girl hears you've been over his just the two of you that she might get the impression you two have something more going on than just friends

ReputationRep:
    from a blokes point of view, once you slept with him the whole "friendship" thing went out of the window and you became the ****** buddy. If i started to go out with someone and found out that their mate was going to stay over theirs (who they have shagged before) i would be pretty against the whole arrangement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    the relationship is prolly a bit weird from that sex. he's probably worried that if the girl hears you've been over his just the two of you that she might get the impression you two have something more going on than just friends
    i can understand that, but i dont get assuming i want to go round, or the lack of ability to talk on msn, i mean he sent me a few messages earlier, asking when im going away etc then just blanked me... even when he was dating before he seemed to be able to hold more of a convocation...
    x

just to point out i never have and never would whether he was seeing someone or not stay at his.... so many of you seem to be assuming this.....

Hmm seems to me there are alot of lazy people posting here (shagging their mates)

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would find it difficult to maintain a 'normal' friendship with someone who I'd been intimate with. Maybe now he's met someone else he realises it's difficult for him too? If he really likes her, he may want a fresh start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmm seems to me there are alot of lazy people posting here (shagging their mates)
    oh anon of corse :mad:
    (Original post by Smoobla)
    Personally, I would find it difficult to maintain a 'normal' friendship with someone who I'd been intimate with. Maybe now he's met someone else he realises it's difficult for him too? If he really likes her, he may want a fresh start.
    maybe.....but if he felt like that... why not just say it

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
    oh anon of corse :mad:

maybe.....but if he felt like that... why not just say it

x
    Not something he feels he can say maybe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.